Isone Pro - the best thing you could ever get for your headphones on your computer
Feb 5, 2012 at 11:34 AM Post #451 of 963
Hopefully simple question here - I've got Isone Pro working on my Mac via Pure Music.  Question is how do I access the various presets like I can on my PC setup?  ie. 'welcome to isone', 'crossfeed', 'average joe' etc?

Feb 5, 2012 at 1:00 PM Post #452 of 963
I'd like to help but I've got no clue.

This thread has a shortage of users experienced in getting this kind of stuff working on Macs.

Feb 5, 2012 at 1:38 PM Post #453 of 963
Getting it working in Pure Music was much simpler than I expected, and the bonus is that I can continue to use iTunes, and unlike on my PC setup, disabling it/enabling it is a single click, making comparisons easy.  I'm just not sure why I can't access the presets - every time I open it it resets all knobs fully counter-clockwise.  $129 for Pure Music will be hard to swallow though.  Plus the garish UI is really hard to take on a Mac. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 5, 2012 at 2:09 PM Post #454 of 963
Quote:
 Plus the garish UI is really hard to take on a Mac. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Pretty much all VST plug ins are like that.  I don't know who thought the "Fisher Price: My First Computer" motif was a good industry standard but that's the way it is.

Feb 5, 2012 at 7:35 PM Post #455 of 963
Just tried it with audacity, ER4S and of Eva Cassidy's Live at the Blues Alley, absolutely stunnnnnning 
etysmile.gif
. it took me back to 1996 washington!!! Thank you Lunatique for this great recommendation 

Feb 5, 2012 at 10:05 PM Post #456 of 963

Quote:
Getting it working in Pure Music was much simpler than I expected, and the bonus is that I can continue to use iTunes, and unlike on my PC setup, disabling it/enabling it is a single click, making comparisons easy.  I'm just not sure why I can't access the presets - every time I open it it resets all knobs fully counter-clockwise.  $129 for Pure Music will be hard to swallow though.  Plus the garish UI is really hard to take on a Mac. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Are you referring to the presets on the Isone Pro plugin?

Feb 5, 2012 at 10:14 PM Post #457 of 963

Quote:
Are you referring to the presets on the Isone Pro plugin?

Yes, as I mentioned, on my PC, I have a number of presets to choose from like crossfeed, average joe, large ears, small head, etc.  If those are available on my Mac through Pure Music, I can't find them.

Feb 5, 2012 at 10:20 PM Post #458 of 963

Quote:
Yes, as I mentioned, on my PC, I have a number of presets to choose from like crossfeed, average joe, large ears, small head, etc.  If those are available on my Mac through Pure Music, I can't find them.

I've the Isone Pro running along side Pure Music and do have access to some presets in Isone Pro. But i don't see those you've specifically mentioned i.e. crossfeed, average joe, large ears, small head. The presets i have in Isone Pro include: Flat, Hifi speaker, Small Monitor, Monitor A,B,C, portable, laptop, etc. Ear sizes and head sizes are a rotary knob on Isone Pro for me, instead of a preset.

Feb 5, 2012 at 10:23 PM Post #459 of 963

Quote:
I've the Isone Pro running along side Pure Music and do have access to some presets in Isone Pro. But i don't see those you've specifically mentioned i.e. crossfeed, average joe, large ears, small head. The presets i have in Isone Pro include: Flat, Hifi speaker, Small Monitor, Monitor A,B,C, portable, laptop, etc. Ear sizes and head sizes are a rotary knob on Isone Pro for me, instead of a preset.

Yeah, those are available directly in the Isone window on both PC and Mac, and I have those.  On my PC is a whole list of other presets (available through the VST host program) that adjusts the HRTF, Ear Size, and Head Size as well as the room settings.  That's what I don't see on the Mac.

Feb 5, 2012 at 10:32 PM Post #460 of 963

Quote:
Yeah, those are available directly in the Isone window on both PC and Mac, and I have those.  On my PC is a whole list of other presets (available through the VST host program) that adjusts the HRTF, Ear Size, and Head Size as well as the room settings.  That's what I don't see on the Mac.

That's pretty much to be expected right? Since you don't/can't use Pure Music on the PC, expecting the Mac VST host program (in this case Pure Music), to act like the PC VST host program is asking a bit much i think. 
biggrin.gif

Feb 5, 2012 at 10:35 PM Post #461 of 963

Quote:
That's pretty much to be expected right? Since you don't/can't use Pure Music on the PC, expecting the Mac VST host program (in this case Pure Music), to act like the PC VST host program is asking a bit much i think. 
biggrin.gif

I don't consider this to be a function of the VST host program, but options available for Isone through the host.  That's why I'd expect it to be available.  On the PC, these presets are available regardless of which host I use.

Feb 5, 2012 at 11:17 PM Post #462 of 963

Quote:
I don't consider this to be a function of the VST host program, but options available for Isone through the host.  That's why I'd expect it to be available.  On the PC, these presets are available regardless of which host I use.

Wow, that is interesting! Sorry i can't be of any help in your quest but do keep us posted if/when you do find a solution.

Cheers!

Feb 10, 2012 at 6:57 PM Post #463 of 963
I just downloaded WinAmp and installed the VST Host DSP v1.0 for WinAmp plug-in.  The directions say to go to "preferences" and then "DSP/Effects" under the "plug-ins" tab.  I tried to load the trial version of Isone but it said it's not a valid VST plugin.  

Has anyone had success getting it to work in WinAmp?

Feb 11, 2012 at 4:36 AM Post #464 of 963
Same problem. Help anyone?

Quote:
I just downloaded WinAmp and installed the VST Host DSP v1.0 for WinAmp plug-in.  The directions say to go to "preferences" and then "DSP/Effects" under the "plug-ins" tab.  I tried to load the trial version of Isone but it said it's not a valid VST plugin.  

Has anyone had success getting it to work in WinAmp?

Feb 11, 2012 at 4:51 AM Post #465 of 963
I just figured it out for me. Instead of downloading for 64 bit system, get the x86. That solved it for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back