Isn't this kind of thing illegal or regulated?
Jul 20, 2007 at 10:21 AM Post #16 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by AuroraProject /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I received a credit card statement on Thursday the 12th, with a payment due date of Sunday the 15th. Even if I put the check in the mail the next day there is no way they would receive it and credit the account before the due date. This will now result in a late fee and a possible bad mark on my otherwise fine credit report. Short of demanding the late fee be removed, is there anything else I can do about this?

What was the postmark on the bill? Payment due and close billing practices happen from time to time and usually the company looses out in the long run so don't feel bad, you can't change them so it sounds as though you are dealing with a questionable company that isn't looking for good customer relations. Call them and make sure when you call that you write everything down about the call including time/date/name of rep. File it with your billing records in case you need to refer back in the future, you never know nowadays. Then change co's as fast as you can and don't look back
icon10.gif

Jul 20, 2007 at 10:24 AM Post #17 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by GAD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Chase sucks, as do they all.

Call them and explain - they'll grant you a couple of days. As long as you call *before* it's late, they're cool with it.

GAD

Good advice but I will add this: Even though you call and they are fine with it, should you stay with a crap company that does this type of billing, it does remain on your record and they will not allow it to continue without charging you a fee for being late. That's the whole reason they create the situation in the first place! Close billing = eventual late fees. Change to a company that treats customers the way they deserve to be treated
icon10.gif

Jul 20, 2007 at 11:50 AM Post #18 of 22
They all obviously want you to go to online bill payment.

Makes sense, frankly. I haven't written a check in years.

Jul 20, 2007 at 5:36 PM Post #20 of 22
You think that's bad - a friend of mine has a card where they not only do that to him every single month - when he goes online to make the payment, the payment amount reported online is always a few dollars higher than the printed statement.

So even if he'd mailed it on time, it'd still be insufficient.

Sucks. I recommend paying it online and/or not having so much credit card debt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back