ISN Earphones impression thread. New ISN H60!
Jul 11, 2023 at 10:14 PM Post #4,591 of 5,131
All my earphones play at half volume with that . Dull and a bit distorted. I'm a little bored that you're everywhere and you want to sell Penon cables to everyone.
Well, I do get them for free, and I have not heard all the cables in the world, yet there seems to be a value with the ISN/Penon cables. I’m simply having fun. :)

How do you use the ISN S8 with what uses? Are you comparing to other included cables? I did my whole EST50 review with the S8? I mean S8 is not as controversial as you make to put to be? I agree there are brighter examples, but it depends what your looking to achieve.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2023 at 1:26 AM Post #4,593 of 5,131
Well, playing both the ISN SC4 and the ISN G4 with the Neo 5 back to back, did what from memory was what I said. The SC4 offering a little more detail, except the sheer size of the imaging and stature of the ISN G4 was entertaining. There was slightly more confusion inside of the midrange where the ISN SC4 was more prim and proper. Both were fantastic yet I may just choose the size over what the SC4 does? Both tailored the bass to align them to witness better mids, and treble that while different, it is safe to say the Graphene has the Graphene personality and the copper/silver had more of an old-school style of personality. This Graphene stuff is real, and adds a personality.......warmer and bigger and just possibly better mids, depending on your taste?
I think I will exchange SC4 with the G4. I would also choose size and entertainment over a more disciplined playback. Feeling sad to let the SC4 go, as for now I will have to go back to the S8 for a while and after listening the IEMs with the SC4, they would sound lacking.

Gratitude for taking out the time for this comparison.

Jul 12, 2023 at 2:16 AM Post #4,594 of 5,131
Not really, you would be surprised at trying it against other IEMs stock cables. The ISN S8 looks and feels better than most included stock cables, also it leaves the signature alone never changing it much. Though if you want more midrange details and forwardness there are choices of cables.

ROFL what a ridiculous comment.

The S8 is one of the best, if not the best stock cables, especially in this price range.

Agree there S8 is a solid cable, and for many would have been a good upgrade cable for their stock cables. Gives clear detailed sound image without altering the sound.

Jul 12, 2023 at 2:54 AM Post #4,595 of 5,131
I've been using Neo 5 w/ G4 cable for a good while now, running off the Tail. The combo is just ridiculous......

Sorry. I could not understand. Do you mean this in a good way or a bad way ?
He means in a good way. Reason being the ISN G4 and Neo 5 is great on it’s own, except place the Tail as an add, and it offers cleaner low-end than anything I have. Not subdued in anyway, but the Tail offers extra levels of lower stratosphere’s.....many more dimensions to discover, also stage has both a filled out center and goes out to the sides well. It is ridiculous!

Jul 12, 2023 at 10:53 AM Post #4,596 of 5,131
Jul 12, 2023 at 6:11 PM Post #4,597 of 5,131
Well, I do get them for free, and I have not heard all the cables in the world, yet there seems to be a value with the ISN/Penon cables. I’m simply having fun. :)

How do you use the ISN S8 with what uses? Are you comparing to other included cables? I did my whole EST50 review with the S8? I mean S8 is not as controversial as you make to put to be? I agree there are brighter examples, but it depends what your looking to achieve.
I think mine is not the s8

Attachments

• ISN Audio Neo 5-700x700.jpg
    ISN Audio Neo 5-700x700.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 0
  • ISNAUDIOS8MMCX4.4-700x700.jpg
    ISNAUDIOS8MMCX4.4-700x700.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 0
Jul 12, 2023 at 7:09 PM Post #4,598 of 5,131
Jul 12, 2023 at 9:41 PM Post #4,600 of 5,131
Last edited:
Jul 13, 2023 at 4:56 AM Post #4,601 of 5,131
In the middle of my review, just a photo goodie. Been trying cables, and like to use brighter cables like silver or hybrids. Penon Mix is a great paring and can be recommended.

DSCF3041.jpg

Jul 13, 2023 at 5:21 AM Post #4,602 of 5,131
In the middle of my review, just a photo goodie. Been trying cables, and like to use brighter cables like silver or hybrids. Penon Mix is a great paring and can be recommended.

Happy you find a good cable matching, as you described me Penon Mix i thought was perfect for NEO5 as you like it with Serial.
Neo5 and Serial has a lot in common, OFC are not the same iems but some aspects are similar to me :)
i'm going to plug pink unicorn to NEO5 and listen it in few hours, but i ordered Tri Wolfram too :)

Congrats for the pic my friend... it's STUNNING!

Jul 13, 2023 at 5:38 AM Post #4,603 of 5,131
I thought the Mix was a little too bright with not enough bass? Funny how everyone hears differently.

Jul 13, 2023 at 6:21 AM Post #4,604 of 5,131
I thought the Mix was a little too bright with not enough bass? Funny how everyone hears differently.
We had slight different preference on SA6 if I remember when testing cables also 😅

Penon Mix has been a good hybrid cable for me on many IEMs, retain low end and slight boost to treble and clarity.

Neo 5 is great but I find it to bass heavy on some music, and I lack some airyness as both percussion and strings lack that little extra shimmer. Why I thought the Mix would help, and it does to some degree.

Doing my comparing tomorrow of Est50, serial and H30 against Neo5. Going to be interesting.

Jul 13, 2023 at 7:52 AM Post #4,605 of 5,131
As I thought Hakugei Wisteria Fairy didn’t change a lot NEO5 tuning but, improved sub bass extension, midbass is tighter and punchier and doesn’t go on mids.
Mids are more transparent but still bodied, imaging and clarity improved but it’s still a warm set.
I really like how technical abilities, depth and imaging are grown up.

IMG_6888.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back