ISN Earphones impression thread. New ISN H60!
Oct 2, 2020 at 3:41 PM Post #2,056 of 5,131
Having D02 for couple of days only but for the price I paid I'm very satisfied. :relaxed: :relaxed:
Not that small (e.g bigger than Orb) but still comfortable. I replaced original cable with a Alo Litz 4.4.
It sounds pretty good out of my R6 Pro : Punchy and tight mid bass, a bit thin lower mids, high mids slighly emphasized for clarity, highs extended without disturbing pick.
Quite different than Penon Orb which are warmer (but still engaging) but I like them for what they are.
For instance I prefer these D02 than my NF2+ which are too light sounding for me (maybe bad fit though)
I don't have much experience with <$100 market , but again I'm satisfied and I don't have the impression to hear a $89 IEMs!
Plus I have to say this mix of purple & ocean blue color is really appealing to me!

Great job (once more) ISN! (I liked H40 v2 a lot but comfort for me was not that great unfortunately)

PXL_20201002_143402677.jpg
If the nm2+ sounded light to you go grab a pair of yy 5n 4 core cables and let me know if you still feel the same. Fdx1 and kanas pro are known for there natural beautiful tone but my nm2+ now sound from being slightly unnatural to the most natural and elegant tone I have heard albeit taking a slight technical hit because of increased body. Nm2+ now my favourites with ease!

Oct 2, 2020 at 11:17 PM Post #2,057 of 5,131
If the nm2+ sounded light to you go grab a pair of yy 5n 4 core cables and let me know if you still feel the same. Fdx1 and kanas pro are known for there natural beautiful tone but my nm2+ now sound from being slightly unnatural to the most natural and elegant tone I have heard albeit taking a slight technical hit because of increased body. Nm2+ now my favourites with ease!
need more info on the cable,
there is alot of variation,

Oct 3, 2020 at 4:31 AM Post #2,058 of 5,131
Just a breaf update regarding D02, since I found at last free time and had a listen to it for at least one hour....
Since I used firstly H40 for the same playlist at the same listening section, I have to admit that there is absolutely no fair comparison either competition of those two monitors back to back..
And it shouldn't be at the first place....
H40 is a TOTL BEAST maybe the best all rounder I personally ever bought overthrowing IMO much pricier monitors such as the fearless S6Rui dare to say..
That fact doesn't overshadows D02s sonic capabilities & display though... Not at all...
At it's price range {sub 100$ category) just overthrows easily pretty much anything else there.....
Details, imaging, Soundstage all are there pretty much.....
Most important :Amplification on D02 works miracles and there you have a totally different monitor with lush, spacious sound crystal clear vocal reproduction and boosted sonic display..
This experience occurred, (to be more precise) from DX80 & PB3 amp (ibasso combo) and left me asking for more listening time...
It was such a pleasure to listen to D02 from this combo.........
I prefered eventually the "ON" setting against the "1" position due to more clear midrange and more tight bass performance....
"ON" setting makes overall sound more clear and distinct, more cohesive and spacious soundstage....
Very pleased with my purchase.....
Thanks again @Dsnuts and an absolute recommendation for D02 at its price range..
An absolute steal for that money.....

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2020 at 4:53 AM Post #2,059 of 5,131
Just a breaf update regarding D02, since I found at last free time and had a listen to it for at least one hour....
Since I used firstly H40 for the same playlist at the same listening section, I have to admit that there is absolutely no fair comparison either competition of those two monitors back to back..
H40 is a TOTL BEAST maybe the best all rounder I personally ever bought overthrowing IMO much pricier monitors such as the fearless S6Rui dare to say..
That fact doesn't overshadows D02s sonic capabilities & display though... Not at all...
At it's price range {sub 100$ category) just overthrows easily pretty much anything else there.....
Most important :Amplification on D02 works miracles and there you have a totally different monitor with lush, spacious sound crystal clear vocal reproduction and boosted sonic display..
This experience occurred, (to be more precise) from DX80 & PB3 amp (ibasso combo) and left me asking for more listening time...
I prefered eventually the "ON" setting against the "1" position due to more clear midrange and more tight bass performance....
"ON" setting makes overall sound more clear and distinct, more cohesive and spacious soundstage....
Thanks again @Dsnuts and an absolute recommendation for D02 at its price range..
Strangely, for me, the change occurs at 1 setting, not On! @Dsnuts is it normal? This kind of inverse indication?

Oct 3, 2020 at 5:07 AM Post #2,060 of 5,131

As I have said before, I also noticed the clearer (more upfront) vocals and tighter bass response while switched to ON setting. Soundstage is shaved off a bit but not to the extent that it sounds bad, it's still good.

Oct 3, 2020 at 5:27 AM Post #2,061 of 5,131
As I have said before, I also noticed the clearer (more upfront) vocals and tighter bass response while switched to ON setting. Soundstage is shaved off a bit but not to the extent that it sounds bad, it's still good.
For me it happens at 1 setting, but not the soundstage shaving. At On setting vocals get a bit less clear...I'll have to listen more critically.

Oct 3, 2020 at 5:42 AM Post #2,063 of 5,131
For me it happens at 1 setting, but not the soundstage shaving. At On setting vocals get a bit less clear...I'll have to listen more critically.
I understand that all these things are tiny differences and prone to personal perception as well.....
Nevertheless the more upfront vocals (ON setting) I believe is the most noticeable change...
Both of settings are pretty decent as well..
Anyway... I was more surprised by the result of amplification on D02 than anything else if that matters ...

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2020 at 6:00 AM Post #2,064 of 5,131
I understand that all these things are tiny differences and prone to personal perception as well.....
Nevertheless the more upfront vocals (ON setting) I believe is the most noticeable change...
Both of settings are pretty decent as well..
Anyway... I was more surprised by the result of amplification on D02 than anything else if that matters ...
Say, at On setting, does the sharpness gets smoothened?

Oct 3, 2020 at 6:23 AM Post #2,065 of 5,131
I've listened to the D02 for a while now. Found that for my taste 4.4 balanced, high gain, through the HiBy R5, using Spiral Dot tips, made a big positive difference. The Copper Faaeal cable smoothed the slight upper mids edginess of that vocal area. I much preferred setting 1 to the ON setting. The ON setting seemed to take a away the spaciousness, and staging that makes the D02 so unique. We all hear so differently due to anatomical and functional reasons, that we are hearing........completely different things. What counts is enjoyment.

Oct 3, 2020 at 6:28 AM Post #2,066 of 5,131
Say, at On setting, does the sharpness gets smoothened?
Don't think so
I only listened for an hour or so though...
And for that time I think that the 1 setting sounds just a touch smoother but very nitpicking stuff though....
I can confirm that later today having more listening... Cannot make a clear opinion just based on 1 hour listening
For that time both settings sounded pretty decent to me I repeat that...

Oct 3, 2020 at 6:31 AM Post #2,067 of 5,131
I've listened to the D02 for a while now. Found that for my taste 4.4 balanced, high gain, through the HiBy R5, using Spiral Dot tips, made a big positive difference. The Copper Faaeal cable smoothed the slight upper mids edginess of that vocal area. I much preferred setting 1 to the ON setting. The ON setting seemed to take a away the spaciousness, and staging that makes the D02 so unique. We all hear so differently due to anatomical and functional reasons, that we are hearing........completely different things. What counts is enjoyment.
Yes I totally agree... So many different approaches using different gear here...
I ll try them on R5 later today though, balanced..

Oct 3, 2020 at 6:43 AM Post #2,068 of 5,131
Exactly felt the same!

Oct 3, 2020 at 9:21 AM Post #2,069 of 5,131
Out of curiosity, what specific aspects of the sound do you find particularly superior on the H40? Such as bass speed, soundstage, imaging and instrument separation, treble extension, etc. Thanks. After liking the D02 so very much, I may have to go ahead and get the H40 at some point.

Oct 3, 2020 at 9:33 AM Post #2,070 of 5,131
Out of curiosity, what specific aspects of the sound do you find particularly superior on the H40? Such as bass speed, soundstage, imaging and instrument separation, treble extension, etc. Thanks. After liking the D02 so very much, I may have to go ahead and get the H40 at some point.
I ll go ahead and say that H4O is totally "a poor man's UM MEST", (that is if you have read anything about the Unique Melody newest model).
Out of my collection (which you can see below in the signature section) its the most "3way floor speakers" experience I would easily say,and has the most blayback activity from all the rest.....
That says it all man....
I love its huge Soundstage, and the natural feeling and timbre of the bass (which is to die for) and overall instuments as well.
Vocals are real to LIFE etc...... (I could go on and on chatting about H40 all day long......)
It's obvious that H40 is my fav iem from all the rest I have.. and lastly it could be easily priced imo way more than others more expensive (Fearless S6Rui etc..)
D02 doesn't even comes close man....
It's just the perfect all rounder, period...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back