ISN Earphones impression thread. New ISN H60!
Sep 11, 2020 at 10:15 PM Post #1,906 of 5,239
Whoa buddy, you're Indian?

Nah been there and done Kathmandu and many months, many times, in beautiful India...being a Pilgrim, but I'm a cockney sparrow who has about 40 House Sparrows feeding every day in his little garden. who happens to like world music too.

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2020 at 3:20 PM Post #1,907 of 5,239
Even if I promised to myself to not buy any other stuff this year, the ISN D02 is on its way. As the sole review available on HF suggests, my intention is to amp these via LO from my daps and use a copper cable. Final E-tips will do a good job I think.

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2020 at 4:05 PM Post #1,908 of 5,239
I wouldn't say I am a treble head, in fact I prefer warm forward mids/vocals with clean but present bass + sub bass. I just want 'enough' clarity/sparkle. The Fiio FH3 has just enough for me treble/sparkle so if the D02 moves closer to that maybe it could work - or maybe I won't be able to find that in this price range. I found the treble on the IT00 to peak slightly oddly and then scoop details I wanted. Just looked up its graph (crinacle) so maybe I just have to keep an eye out for the D02 graph.

Haven't purchased anything yet to replace the IT00, just enjoying the FH3 for now. Keeping an eye on this thread for the D02, the Smabat NCO (this review describes it as airy, warm, L shaped), and the Shozy Form 1.1 as my top contenders right now. Maybe even the Urbanfun YBF.

Just try EQ on IT00
2k +2db
4k +3db
8k +3db
16k +2db
I found that this setting work for me.
I for example don't want less bass, since outside noise tend to drown out low end, and I want something with good isolation for comuting, IT00 lows and mids are fantastic for that, isolation not so good.
So winner for me would be:
IT00 like or better lows and mids
Better extended treble, few DB here and there
And good isolation
Nothing comes to mind at budget price range. I have S8F which fit me like a ciem with near perfect tonality but after loosing some of my gear while outside I don't want to take S8F out of the house anymore, so i need alternative.

BTW I tried to get the highs more to come through by getting my wife to pluck my ear hair and unfortunately it didn't work 😂

Sep 12, 2020 at 4:24 PM Post #1,909 of 5,239
I think the mids are full, to slightly warm sounding. Both male and female vocals sound great. There is good resolution and detail retrieval, IMHO similar to the IT00. There is a good amount of mid bass, but I don’t find that it muddies the midrange. I think it is a well balanced, “neutral-ish with boosted bass“ signature. For more info, look at the Tin HiFi thread.

Again, I REALLY like the D02, and if I though it would satisfy your treble needs, I would definitely recommend it.

I'm interested in t2+ but isolation can't be good (on the level I need)
I'm considering Jade audio ea1..... I would go higher in the price range up to 150-200ish for all rounder, but I'm not sure about anythig I look at, so many mixed reviews and different sound preferences. One mans thrash another man's fortune.

Sep 12, 2020 at 4:46 PM Post #1,910 of 5,239
I'm interested in t2+ but isolation can't be good (on the level I need)
I'm considering Jade audio ea1..... I would go higher in the price range up to 150-200ish for all rounder, but I'm not sure about anythig I look at, so many mixed reviews and different sound preferences. One mans thrash another man's fortune.
The T2+ doesn’t have good isolation, o/w I would totally rec it for your needs. The EA1/FD1 also doesn’t have great isolation, and the treble isn’t really extended past 10KHz. The IT00 has quite a bit more treble presence IMO. For you, I recommend considering the FiiO FH3. It has excellent bass, and clear, forward mids. While the treble isn’t necessarily higher in quantity, it is different, being produced by BAs, and may respond better to EQ. The isolation is actually surprisingly good, especially with foam ear tips and a deeper insertion.

Sep 12, 2020 at 4:55 PM Post #1,911 of 5,239
The more I listen to the D02, the more I really like it. The bass keeps getting deeper and more textured, and micro detail is becoming more revealed over time. If only the treble were more extended with a slight increase in treble quantity, the D02 would be perfect for so many people.

After listening to the MEST for some time, I’m now listening to the D02 while the MEST continues to break in. FWIW, although the sound is very different, I’m still enjoying the D02 immensely. It’s not a let down at all, even in comparison. In fact, the D02 may be my #2 favorite IEM right now. No, the D02 is not better than the Tea IMO, but the Tea is somewhat redundant with the MEST.

Sep 12, 2020 at 5:48 PM Post #1,912 of 5,239
The more I listen to the D02, the more I really like it. The bass keeps getting deeper and more textured, and micro detail is becoming more revealed over time. If only the treble were more extended with a slight increase in treble quantity, the D02 would be perfect for so many people.

After listening to the MEST for some time, I’m now listening to the D02 while the MEST continues to break in. FWIW, although the sound is very different, I’m still enjoying the D02 immensely. It’s not a let down at all, even in comparison. In fact, the D02 may be my #2 favorite IEM right now. No, the D02 is not better than the Tea IMO, but the Tea is somewhat redundant with the MEST.

Are you using the D02 with the switch toggled to 1?

Sep 12, 2020 at 5:51 PM Post #1,913 of 5,239
Sep 12, 2020 at 9:27 PM Post #1,914 of 5,239
The T2+ doesn’t have good isolation, o/w I would totally rec it for your needs. The EA1/FD1 also doesn’t have great isolation, and the treble isn’t really extended past 10KHz. The IT00 has quite a bit more treble presence IMO. For you, I recommend considering the FiiO FH3. It has excellent bass, and clear, forward mids. While the treble isn’t necessarily higher in quantity, it is different, being produced by BAs, and may respond better to EQ. The isolation is actually surprisingly good, especially with foam ear tips and a deeper insertion.

Funny - I tried the EA1, IT00, and FH3 in succession and I had pretty much exactly the same thoughts on the sound signatures of each. EA1 was good, but missing some treble extension, IT00 had great character and better treble extension than EA1 but the treble was just a bit off for me, and FH3 is just really good at everything without adding a ton of color/character to the sound. Very happy with the FH3 for the price (I paid ~$130+tax). I think the next step up would be the contenders around ~$200 like the ISN H40 etc.

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2020 at 12:36 AM Post #1,915 of 5,239
If you have medium/ average sized ears or larger.The H40 will suit your needs. It will do your genres just fine. They are easy to drive as well. Penon is a solid seller and will help you if you have any problems at all. Looks like your looking for a definitive upgrade. H40 should be a nice upgrade for you.
Excellent. Cheers, mate! :beerchug:

Sep 13, 2020 at 1:59 AM Post #1,917 of 5,239
Hi guys,

I am thinking to buy ISN H40 for my iBasso DX90. I listen primarily to heavy, black, death meath, hard rock.
Do you think these earphones will pair up well with this player? I am looking for a meaty, punchy, fast, physical bass so I would not feel emotionally disconnected from music. I do not like when the sound is too bright. Mids must be transparent, easy to read and must not languish under the shadow of the bass.

I would appreciate any advice. Thanks.

Sep 13, 2020 at 3:34 AM Post #1,918 of 5,239
Hi guys,

I am thinking to buy ISN H40 for my iBasso DX90. I listen primarily to heavy, black, death meath, hard rock.
Do you think these earphones will pair up well with this player? I am looking for a meaty, punchy, fast, physical bass so I would not feel emotionally disconnected from music. I do not like when the sound is too bright. Mids must be transparent, easy to read and must not languish under the shadow of the bass.

I think nobody likes too bright treble, question is how much would be too bright for you? IT00 has the kind of bass and mids you described but it's not bright enough for me. And it's great for Metal genres, very meaty lush and musical tonality 👍
H40 might be step up in overall tonality and value but I didn't test it myself. I'm sure someone here will have more info.

Sep 13, 2020 at 6:16 AM Post #1,919 of 5,239
Hi guys,

What im going to say is, the H40 is created for rock! they have meaty bass and mids, with that grande performance combined by that energy and power power power. As oppose to my Mofasest Trio, they are a smooth guru, while H40 is all about big power. Very suitable for rock.
An advice, mod the nylon mesh if you want fast, and tighter bass without losing their meat and bold character.
Im running them on ibasso DX160, but this set is really easy to drive yet have potential to scale better with better DAP but i think your DX90 will pair good with them as they are good enough from my LG v40 too. They have very low impedance.

Sep 13, 2020 at 9:06 AM Post #1,920 of 5,239
Been listening to my D02s with HiBy R5 and KBear 8 core balanced copper cable, having a Peter Green moment. So listening to 'The Supernatural' by his master. Best guitar strings, timbre and tone of any IEM I have ever listened to and I have listened to this great track many, many times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back