ISN Earphones impression thread. New ISN NEO 3!
Aug 15, 2022 at 8:09 AM Post #3,677 of 5,041
Is ISN H50 darker than Penons Vortex?
How do they compare? :)
Don't know how Vortex sounds, BUT to give you an idea how H50 sounds... It's a very bright wide and open sounding earphone with quite enough sparkle in the upper top end with (and this part is the difficult part to be achieved) tremendous sub bass respond pushing that amount of air directly to your eardrum just like a real time sub woofer can push.... That's how H50 sounds actually.... Add to this recipe a totally clear deep and transparent / sentimental midrange and here you have a TOTL for every music addict out there...

Aug 15, 2022 at 8:16 AM Post #3,678 of 5,041
H50's got new upgrade cable - Dunu Amber:darthsmile:
IMG_20220815_143151.jpg

Amazing pairing, great upgrade over the stock cable!
IMG_20220815_143527.jpg

Can't thank enough @Dsnuts for his recommendation in this department!

Aug 15, 2022 at 9:53 AM Post #3,679 of 5,041
@alexandros a great to see you’ve also fallen in love with the EST50. I was curious of the MEXT but to hear you prefer EST50 over it is interesting and my wallet thanks you. With increasing diminishing returns this can easily be my end game for bass.

Aug 15, 2022 at 11:19 AM Post #3,680 of 5,041
Hey there!
Can anybody make a comparison between FH3 and EST50 when it comes to bass quantity?
For my personal preference bass quantity on FH3 was quite enjoyable but would not want any more of it.
I am enjoying Kinda Lava and FH5 too but I would not mind a little more bass....EST50 got me really interested.
Maybe someone who has heard them can write a few words, i would appreciate it :)
I haven’t heard FH3 but used to have FH5. From what I remember I really enjoyed FH5 bass but the EST50 is on another level or two. Both in terms of quantity and quality.

H50 may be an option if you don’t want that much bass but still retains great impact and texture.

Aug 15, 2022 at 11:29 AM Post #3,681 of 5,041
I used to own both at one point the FH3 and FH5. Currently own FH5S, FD7 and FH9. The EST50 bass is more akin to the bass end of the FH9 more so than anything underneath them. EST50 silicone bass dynamic is spectacular for bass fans. Sounds like speaker bass. IT might not be the end all for bass as there are much higher end earphones that do one better but you will have to pay quite the sum to reach it, you really can't do much better given the higher end drivers that are in the EST50. Yes you have to be a bass fan but it is all done tastefully and with nothing that is going to be sloppy or unrefined. Love the fact that even though it has a healthy bass end it also has excellent mids and EST treble to cap off that sound. Balanced heads that love them some bass is what the EST50s are made for.

The only catch on the EST50 is that yes they do need a solid break in before they fire off on all cylinders but well worth the efforts.

Aug 15, 2022 at 3:33 PM Post #3,683 of 5,041
@alexandros a great to see you’ve also fallen in love with the EST50. I was curious of the MEXT but to hear you prefer EST50 over it is interesting and my wallet thanks you. With increasing diminishing returns this can easily be my end game for bass.
Friend... to repeat what I have many time allready stated here and on my FB profile: I was super excited when I first got H50 (by that time I hadn't heard EST50s yet..) I got EST50S 2 / 3 months later. straight out of the box I knew this was pure heaven to my ears... The most exciting earphone I had ever experienced till now and you can see from my signature downlow that I have spent some cash as far as iems goes...
The MEXT is not a bad earphone at all
It's just boring when you listen back to back compared with the EST50s...
Of course IMHO it is totally not worth to buy them when you own one of the most exciting monitors in the world dare I SAY....... the ISN KING..... Tha amount of air that the DD is pushing in the bass region is simply outstanding as the exceptional midrange details and TOTL level of imaging/separation..... In my case it is for sure an END GAME monitor......

Aug 15, 2022 at 8:38 PM Post #3,684 of 5,041
Aug 16, 2022 at 1:52 AM Post #3,685 of 5,041
Aug 16, 2022 at 2:04 AM Post #3,686 of 5,041
Not only does it run well off Dongles, the H50 achieves a style of optimization from such devices. I use my Shanling UA3, and it’s amazing! The ISN H50 procures authority out of very little, and displays such size as big and wide!
Is ISN h50 easy to drive with basic SE dongle? Is it really necessary to go balanced? I might get an extra cable but would rather not. (Maybe this one https://penonaudio.com/isn-audio-occ-8-core-mmcx-iem-cable.html?search=Isn?) I would like to use it with the one from ISN I got from Penon https://penonaudio.com/isn-audio-type-c-dac-adapter.html?search=Isn&page=2 that I got single ended :)

Aug 16, 2022 at 4:12 AM Post #3,688 of 5,041
Is ISN h50 easy to drive with basic SE dongle? Is it really necessary to go balanced? I might get an extra cable but would rather not. (Maybe this one https://penonaudio.com/isn-audio-occ-8-core-mmcx-iem-cable.html?search=Isn?) I would like to use it with the one from ISN I got from Penon https://penonaudio.com/isn-audio-type-c-dac-adapter.html?search=Isn&page=2 that I got single ended :)
Very very easy to drive with nearly everything you can think of, I think S8 (the included ISN cable) is pretty good match, otherwise you can buy any other ISN cooper cable to tame the brightness a bit (in case you are a treble sensitive person)
Pure Cooper is perfect for H50.

Aug 18, 2022 at 8:18 AM Post #3,689 of 5,041
Good afternoon) Sorry, I'm writing through a translator ... I see a big discussion on the H50 here, I decided to ask, maybe someone knows. I use H40, I listen to them with Hiby R3 from balance ... and there is Xduoo 05 Plus with bursons, sometimes I listen through it. On the H40, there was more midbass and it was difficult to control it, I looked at the grill mod ... I ordered grills and took out the filter. The bass picked up, became more penetratingly articulated, the midbass became smaller ... But the middle went down, adding a little brightness at high frequencies.
In terms of growth and renewal, I began to look at the H50, as it was believed that the H50 is free from these shortcomings and their presentation is similar to the "W" more suitable for me. But most of all, the quality and quantity of sub-bass worries ... I'm not a 100% fan of exclusively low frequencies)) But I love low frequencies to infra-low, and I'm not interested in the amount of bass as such, but I'm interested in its quality, density, elasticity, filling, articulation , attack ... How it happens that it is not difficult to implement mid-bass, so I was interested in sub-bass that speaks better than in H40, well, or some other headphones with all the exceptional features of H50. I understand that when choosing other headphones, I can lose detail and a good extended midrange ... And a good midrange in our time in such a budget is, in principle, a rarity.

One good person with extensive listening experience suggested instead of H50, Intime Shodd, Fiio Eclipse, 7 Hertz Timeless, Snorry 12, Kinera Nanna, Mangird Tea or IMR Elan, consider as an alternative to used ... namely, taking into account the expense better sub-bass without losing the characteristics that the H50 has at mid and high frequencies.

And so I wanted to ask in this thread if this is so and maybe someone had the experience of comparing the H50 with the headphones from the list ..
From what I managed to look for 7 Hertz Timeless, there are several revisions.
The Snorry 12 is the same as the 7 Hertz Timeless, but without the sub-bass.
Intime Shodd - emphasis on sub-bass ... The rest of the frequency range suffers (

Aug 18, 2022 at 12:26 PM Post #3,690 of 5,041
Good afternoon) Sorry, I'm writing through a translator ... I see a big discussion on the H50 here, I decided to ask, maybe someone knows. I use H40, I listen to them with Hiby R3 from balance ... and there is Xduoo 05 Plus with bursons, sometimes I listen through it. On the H40, there was more midbass and it was difficult to control it, I looked at the grill mod ... I ordered grills and took out the filter. The bass picked up, became more penetratingly articulated, the midbass became smaller ... But the middle went down, adding a little brightness at high frequencies.
In terms of growth and renewal, I began to look at the H50, as it was believed that the H50 is free from these shortcomings and their presentation is similar to the "W" more suitable for me. But most of all, the quality and quantity of sub-bass worries ... I'm not a 100% fan of exclusively low frequencies)) But I love low frequencies to infra-low, and I'm not interested in the amount of bass as such, but I'm interested in its quality, density, elasticity, filling, articulation , attack ... How it happens that it is not difficult to implement mid-bass, so I was interested in sub-bass that speaks better than in H40, well, or some other headphones with all the exceptional features of H50. I understand that when choosing other headphones, I can lose detail and a good extended midrange ... And a good midrange in our time in such a budget is, in principle, a rarity.

One good person with extensive listening experience suggested instead of H50, Intime Shodd, Fiio Eclipse, 7 Hertz Timeless, Snorry 12, Kinera Nanna, Mangird Tea or IMR Elan, consider as an alternative to used ... namely, taking into account the expense better sub-bass without losing the characteristics that the H50 has at mid and high frequencies.

And so I wanted to ask in this thread if this is so and maybe someone had the experience of comparing the H50 with the headphones from the list ..
From what I managed to look for 7 Hertz Timeless, there are several revisions.
The Snorry 12 is the same as the 7 Hertz Timeless, but without the sub-bass.
Intime Shodd - emphasis on sub-bass ... The rest of the frequency range suffers (

I will first summarise my understanding of your post, so correct me if I get anything wrong.

You are a user of the H40s and you find the mid-bass excessive, so after a few changes you made to reduce the mid-bass, you found the mid-bass was better but the midrange had suffered because of your changes. What you want is less mid-bass , more sub-bass without losing the midrange.

You are now considering whether to buy the H50s or another set of earphones which you listed. You would like to hear the experience of those who have heard the H50s and some of the earphones you listed.

If my summary of your post is correct then it seems to me that the H50s would be great for you.

My only experience of the earphones you listed are the H50s and 7Hz Timeless.

First the 7Hz Timeless: the Timeless is interesting and fun, but my experience of the sub-bass (and I like my sub-bass) is that it is not as prominent (quantity) or as rich (quality) as the H50s. I am also wary of the different variations of the Timeless, quite apart from the fact that I had to send my set back to China to be replaced. I have a replacement set now, but just be aware that there is no guarantee of what you will get with the Timeless.

IMR Elan: I have 5 different sets of IMR earphones but not the IMR Elan. However, generally my experience of IMR is that they have prominent mid-bass. That is not to say they lack sub-bass or that the midrange is recessed. You also get the benefit of being able to fine tune your IMR using nozzles and filters. However, as you find the H40s heavy on mid-bass and you want more from your midrange, my advice is that you are better off with the H50s.

The H50s are to me, W-shaped sound signature. In fact to my ears they have satisfying sub-bass, mid-bass is measured and can be impactful but does not dominant, as they do on the H40s. The H40s are excellent outdoors as the mid-bass overides the outdoor noise, but for me, they have too much mid-bass indoors. The H50s have outstanding midrange and brilliant highs. For me the resolution is incredible.

The H50s are an underestimated set of earphones in my view. Just remember, not to try to sleep with the H50s in your ears, if you have a tendency to listen for every detail. I cannot have them in my ears when trying to sleep, because they are quite detailed, even very low volume (below 5%) does not take away the details.....the H50s pick up everything in the recording.

As you said you used a translator application, I have used everyday language for an english language speaker but if there is anything you do not understand using the translator or you have any other questions, just ask.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back