ISINE LX
Feb 7, 2018 at 8:30 PM Post #107 of 153
After 12 long days, my LX’s and cipher cable finally arrived yesterday. I left them breaking in for a few hours today, and put them on to listen tonight. Hrmm, it seems that the bottom two octaves must have gotten lost in shipping. The roll off below 90hz is so sharp that if this were in my car, I would pull over and check to see if my subwoofer was unplugged. The lack of bass is so severe that they are actually distracting to listen to. Anyone else experiencing this?

Feb 7, 2018 at 8:58 PM Post #108 of 153
@musicfan145

Not on your life. I like your theory about being lost in transit. For IEMs they have excellent bass. I would describe it as tight, controlled, and impactful with no audible distortion. Something is wrong with yours or you are expecting too much from a small open transducer. They are not going have as much bass as a big headphone and they are not going to have as much bass as a closed big headphone. But for what they are they have amazing bass. After all, they come from Audeze. Not known for leaving out the bass. Maybe you got a pair that needs breaking in, mine didn't.

I also got mine in like 2-3 days. Yours are obviously slow. :L3000:

Feb 7, 2018 at 9:23 PM Post #109 of 153
After 12 long days, my LX’s and cipher cable finally arrived yesterday. I left them breaking in for a few hours today, and put them on to listen tonight. Hrmm, it seems that the bottom two octaves must have gotten lost in shipping. The roll off below 90hz is so sharp that if this were in my car, I would pull over and check to see if my subwoofer was unplugged. The lack of bass is so severe that they are actually distracting to listen to. Anyone else experiencing this?
Play with rotation of the angled nozzle and tip sizes, for if these don’t seal the ear canal, bass disappears.

Feb 7, 2018 at 9:41 PM Post #110 of 153
That's a good point. I should have mentioned that the tips that came with mine happened to be perfect for me. Just the way the ball bounces. I get a very good seal and they are comfortable. I have played with different angles and I always come back to the way they arrived in the box. Luck of the draw or does Audeze know the most average fit?

Feb 8, 2018 at 8:17 PM Post #111 of 153
Play with rotation of the angled nozzle and tip sizes, for if these don’t seal the ear canal, bass disappears.
I swapped out the plain tips for the other style, and—how shall I say this?—the ribbed ones were more pleasurable (to listen to). :darthsmile: Still sounds a little pinched compared to my closed cans (and my car), but the bass is much more present now.

Also, I had forgotten that the Audeze HQ app lets you adjust the EQ in the DSP of the Cipher cable. Cool!

Feb 12, 2018 at 9:57 PM Post #112 of 153
Just had a nice chat with Audeze support. This is all probably old news to those who have been on the iSine train for a while, but for any other newbies like me:

1) The iSine tips aren’t supposed to insert all the way in the ear canal, they just rest at the end of it. Instead of using a small tip and jamming it all the way in, a bigger tip is more comfortable and sounds better!

2) The earlocks are no longer included with any of the iSine line. However, you can apparently purchase a set (earlocks only) for about $5 by contacting Audeze sales directly.

3) It’s pronounced AH-duh-zee (like odyssey).

Feb 13, 2018 at 12:21 AM Post #113 of 153
Just had a nice chat with Audeze support. This is all probably old news to those who have been on the iSine train for a while, but for any other newbies like me:

1) The iSine tips aren’t supposed to insert all the way in the ear canal, they just rest at the end of it. Instead of using a small tip and jamming it all the way in, a bigger tip is more comfortable and sounds better!

2) The earlocks are no longer included with any of the iSine line. However, you can apparently purchase a set (earlocks only) for about $5 by contacting Audeze sales directly.

3) It’s pronounced AH-duh-zee (like odyssey).
what?? no earlocks even for isine 10, 20??

Feb 15, 2018 at 7:20 PM Post #115 of 153
Has anybody got these in yet that can do a review and compare them to the monoprice m300’s which are $150 vs $200 or the isine 10’s or even the 20’s so we can kind of get an idea of these are a good value or if it is a notiable upgrade warranting to go up double the price to the isine 10

Feb 16, 2018 at 12:11 PM Post #117 of 153
Guys if you haven’t gotten the cipher cable, get it.

I didn’t like the sound of these at all when I got them and read that they really need eq, so I got the cipher cable and the app and they’re like a different (for the better) set of headphones.

I also am using them with an iPhone x so there are easier ways to eq on android, but the built in amp/dac in this cable seems to add to the quality also.

Just a heads up for anyone who’s not totally into the sound

Feb 16, 2018 at 12:18 PM Post #118 of 153
Guys if you haven’t gotten the cipher cable, get it.

I didn’t like the sound of these at all when I got them and read that they really need eq, so I got the cipher cable and the app and they’re like a different (for the better) set of headphones.

I also am using them with an iPhone x so there are easier ways to eq on android, but the built in amp/dac in this cable seems to add to the quality also.

Just a heads up for anyone who’s not totally into the sound

I keep hearing this about the Cipher cable and iSines. Really starting to make me think if these headphones haven't been designed AROUND the Cipher cable instead of the Cipher cable just "being better quality". Do we know of any comparisons of Cipher cable vs. standalone DAC/amp? If we're talking just phones, I don't see how my LG V10's 3.5mm jack couldn't make the iSines sound as good (if not better) than the Cipher cable. Again, unless the Cipher and iSine are meant to go hand in hand...

Notice the "i" in front of "iSine" like everything iApple does? Cipher cable being Lightning only? Where's the USB-C or Micro USB Cipher cable? Seems like they are designed to be together.

Feb 16, 2018 at 12:28 PM Post #119 of 153
I keep hearing this about the Cipher cable and iSines. Really starting to make me think if these headphones haven't been designed AROUND the Cipher cable instead of the Cipher cable just "being better quality". Do we know of any comparisons of Cipher cable vs. standalone DAC/amp? If we're talking just phones, I don't see how my LG V10's 3.5mm jack couldn't make the iSines sound as good (if not better) than the Cipher cable. Again, unless the Cipher and iSine are meant to go hand in hand...

Notice the "i" in front of "iSine" like everything iApple does? Cipher cable being Lightning only? Where's the USB-C or Micro USB Cipher cable? Seems like they are designed to be together.

Yea I’m not really sure. It’s not like the iPhone x has bad audio, it’s actually a better than any of the new galaxy phones and my iPad Pro. I also have m1060s that sound amazing straight out of the phone with the lightning dongle. These just sounded bad though stock for some reason. They were muffled, bloated, and mids sounded distant to me.

So I think eq had a lot to do with it, but the transparency actually sounds improved and they definitely crank way louder than the stock cable I guess the amp is better than the phones. I know I was going to return them though, but read about how someone straight up said the isines need the cipher cable to sound good, so I bought one and have to agree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back