Isabellina HPA - Owner's Thread and Impressions
Jul 9, 2011 at 10:50 AM Post #482 of 532
Anyone done any comparisons between the single ended vs. this new one?

I have what's essentially the same (cans, ALO cable, and RWA HPA) setup. Also, Vinnie, are you entertaining any sort of trade-in/upgrade to this new version for single ended users?

Thanks.

Jul 9, 2011 at 11:40 AM Post #484 of 532
Jul 11, 2011 at 10:24 AM Post #486 of 532
My RWA Audeze Edition DAC/Amp arrived today.  It was a long wait until I got it unpacked this evening, after work, physical therapy and dinner w/ the family.  Vinnie was gracious enough to suggest Miniwatt 7308s to replace the JJs.  After going through the manual, I hooked it up to my Cambridge 840c and have thoroughly enjoyed listening to Dave Matthews Band at Wrigley Field over the last two hours.  It's hard to believe how much better it's going to get 98 hours from now, but I'm really looking forward to it. 

Here's a pic of the setup:

Jul 11, 2011 at 6:44 PM Post #487 of 532
Did you listen with the JJ 1st?  Just curious what you thought of the tube upgrade.

I gots about 8 hours of listening and another 12-14 of non-listening burn in so far and it's sounding sweet with just the stock tube.

Jul 11, 2011 at 9:28 PM Post #488 of 532
I sent the tube directly to Vinnie so he installed it during the build.  So no, I did not listen w/ the stock tubes.  He did send the JJs along, and I figured it is worth tube rolling only after the burn in.  Maybe I'll test it out next weekend.  In addition to the Dario Miniwatts recommendation from Vinnie, I also have some 60's era Amperex tubes. 

I got in about 4 hours last night, and it's been burning in for another 8 or so.

-RC

Jul 12, 2011 at 11:30 AM Post #489 of 532
All,

I'm sorry I'm late to responding.  I have been insanely busy.  I will start a new thread in the ALO Forum regarding the Audeze Edition System, and will copy this post over.  

Quote:
The thing is the RWA Audeze edition was matched to the Rev1. LCD-2. It would be interesting to see how it sounds with the Rev2.

Hi MrQ,

Alex of Audeze and Ken of ALO can confirm that the Rev2 sounds AWESOME with the Audeze Edition amp/dac.  We'll be selling this combo together -
but the Rev1s also sound AWESOME with the Audeze Edition amp/dac.  

Quote:
Also, Vinnie, are you entertaining any sort of trade-in/upgrade to this new version for single ended users?

Hi P.A.,

Absolutely.  We can convert the HPA to balanced outputs, Isabellina Pro dac, 12Vdc output jack, or any combo of the above... or to a Audeze Edition amp/dac, which 
would also including Audeze front panel, red anodized aluminum knob, and the ALO Audio Audeze Balanced cable.  Email me for details and pricing.

Quote:
I actually thought the original Isabellina HPA sounded great with LCD-2, so I'm not sure what is supposed to be different now.

Hi HPA,

The original HPA does sound great with the LCD-2s, but the new discrete, balanced output stage sounds much better!  There is also the Isabellina Pro dac, and a 12Vdc output
jack (all standard), along with the ALO Audio Balanced Audeze Edition cable... and the custom carrying case for the whole system (ok, the carrying case doesn't making anything sound better 
biggrin.gif
).

Hi leesure and rrrango,

Thanks for your impressions, and awesome pictures!

Regarding tube rolling, the stock JJ does sound very nice in there.  But the MiniWatt Dario or Amperex Pinched Waist will leave you drooling:
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=91642.msg929443#msg929443

Its just one tube - and worth every penny IMHO.  And our tube stage is very gentile on the tubes (soft start, 45-second warm up before applying the grid voltage, fed via clean LiFePO4 battery, etc.) - so you can expect it to last a very, very long time.

BTW - I'll have the system at the NJ Headfi Meet next month... hope to see many of you there!

Vinnie

Aug 12, 2011 at 11:14 AM Post #493 of 532

Quote:
Bumping this thread, has anyone auditioned the Isabellina with a T1? Extrapolating from impressions of this unit with LCD-2 and HD800 it would seem to be a great match but wanted to get some impressions if any are out there.

Hi third-eye,

Yes - awesome with the T1's.  I've had the opportunity to hear this combo a few times!  

Also - some exciting news posted on the RWA facebook page this morning.  I know many of you have been waiting for this for a while 
wink.gif

More details to be posted soon.  Feel free to email me with any questions..

Vinnie

Aug 12, 2011 at 12:41 PM Post #494 of 532
^ That's a nice feature, I noticed that it was on the Audeze edition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back