Isabellina HPA - Owner's Thread and Impressions
Sep 12, 2010 at 5:53 PM Post #331 of 532
I hate this place, I hate this place, I hate this place! 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Sep 12, 2010 at 9:15 PM Post #333 of 532

Quote:
I hate this place, I hate this place, I hate this place! 
very_evil_smiley.gif

You could always upgrade to the RWA monoblocks. Nice k1000 rig.

Sep 12, 2010 at 9:16 PM Post #334 of 532
Interestingly enough the tubes themselves do not run very hot, expected based on comments I have read. What  has surprised me is the case runs warm in both the Isabella and the 30.2

The battery chargers run quite hot when using the units on AC or when charging the batteries.

Sep 12, 2010 at 10:02 PM Post #336 of 532

[size=11.5pt]More on the mullards please. Vintage, source? P.S. My 30.2 leaves for a short vacation to Connecticut tomorrow. Can't wait to hear the results.[/size]

Quote:
if you get a chance, try a set of mullards (made in great britain) they are the most liquid sounding tubes i have ever heard with excellent top and bottom end.
bozebuttons (tom) turned me on to these.

Sep 13, 2010 at 6:17 PM Post #337 of 532

Quote:the mullards are 1970s (re-branded ones) from tubemonger.com they have a big selection of these,all different pricing,depending how vintage or original you want to pay for!
i came to this tube,after a lengthy conversation/recommendation from bozebuttons at the last new jersey head-fi meet. i was looking for a tube that would have good synergy with my audeze lcd-2 and alo lux-fep cable combo. while the mullards i picked up are very nice for the price i paid,there are better tube sets out there,like 1960s amperex hollands.
its all a personal preference,and most importantly,its dialing in the tubes to your specific headphones.

[size=11.5pt]More on the mullards please. Vintage, source? P.S. My 30.2 leaves for a short vacation to Connecticut tomorrow. Can't wait to hear the results.[/size]

Sep 13, 2010 at 9:42 PM Post #338 of 532
Quote:the mullards are 1970s (re-branded ones) from tubemonger.com they have a big selection of these,all different pricing,depending how vintage or original you want to pay for!
i came to this tube,after a lengthy conversation/recommendation from bozebuttons at the last new jersey head-fi meet. i was looking for a tube that would have good synergy with my audeze lcd-2 and alo lux-fep cable combo. while the mullards i picked up are very nice for the price i paid,there are better tube sets out there,like 1960s amperex hollands.
its all a personal preference,and most importantly,its dialing in the tubes to your specific headphones.

Thanks. I nabbed a set of '60 holland amperexes, and they sound great. But still interested to know about others for RWA gear.

Sep 14, 2010 at 5:00 PM Post #340 of 532
Alwayswantmore, thanks for the link it got me on the road to reading up on some of the more interesting tubes.

So...I purchased the upgrade cable for the LCD-2s, the LUX-FEP Chain Mail 8 Wire (what an interesting name) from Ken over at ALO. 

Then I got a little crazy and purchased: 

E88CC / 6922 Amperex white PQ white label, Holland or USA made, RARE PINCHED WAIST TYPE, "D" getter, gold pins

E88CC / 6922 Philips white SQ type, white label, HOLLAND made, RARE 1950s "D" SHAPE GETTER, gold pins.

and the New Sensor Genalex Gold Lion E88CC mentioned in the other forum from cryoset.com.

So, a couple of good options when the Isabellina HPA LFP-V gets to the house in a week or so. Man I am excited to start rolling some tubes!

-CA
ALO audio LUX-FEP Chain Mail 8 wire

Sep 14, 2010 at 11:06 PM Post #342 of 532
Wow! Love to hear your comments on the differences, maybe on the tube rolling thread, huh?

Quote:
Alwayswantmore, thanks for the link it got me on the road to reading up on some of the more interesting tubes.

So...I purchased the upgrade cable for the LCD-2s, the LUX-FEP Chain Mail 8 Wire (what an interesting name) from Ken over at ALO. 

Then I got a little crazy and purchased: 

E88CC / 6922 Amperex white PQ white label, Holland or USA made, RARE PINCHED WAIST TYPE, "D" getter, gold pins

E88CC / 6922 Philips white SQ type, white label, HOLLAND made, RARE 1950s "D" SHAPE GETTER, gold pins.

and the New Sensor Genalex Gold Lion E88CC mentioned in the other forum from cryoset.com.

So, a couple of good options when the Isabellina HPA LFP-V gets to the house in a week or so. Man I am excited to start rolling some tubes!

-CA

Sep 18, 2010 at 10:50 AM Post #344 of 532
How is the bass on the lfpv compared to the old one?
Lack of impact, is that overall or does it lack impact compared to the old one?

I must say that I'm very disappointed over the new chargers looks. And I think that all cables should be detachable.

Sep 18, 2010 at 10:54 AM Post #345 of 532
Question...
Can the Unit output through its line outs and drive headphones at the same time?

Say I wanted to use the line outs and feed the signal to my Meier Opera... could I do this?
This way a friend and I could listen to the same music but through two amps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back