Is there such a thing as an audiophile music player for windows?
Jul 6, 2021 at 10:42 AM Post #136 of 138
I noticed this thread. I've been using Winamp for years, but I just donwloaded a trial of Audirvana Studio yesterday. Just wow! Opens up the sound beautifully, sparkle, separation & a tighter bass. The software is new, a bit of a hairy UI, slightly unstable if you want to tweak anything at the moment.

Jul 6, 2021 at 1:21 PM Post #137 of 138
Thank you. Great suggestion. Using it right now as I type. Good first impressions. Looks like you can go quite in depth with this if you want to, but it is playing out of the box without any installation like a portable app.

Good stuff! Hopefully it fits the bill. I just checked their forum since a long time and maybe the best part is that Ian is still actively developing the software. Fixes just about any tiny bug in no time and is far from averse to implementing feature requests if possible. Amazing he's still on it.

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2021 at 1:26 PM Post #138 of 138
Just enjoying the sound, it's just like I've upgraded my kit!

Lots of rough edges in the software, pause or stop a track, there's just a sudden cut, no slpit second fade out. The library just lost most of my Arena albums. They're still physically there thank goodness. I'm hoping it will get some improvements before they ask me to start paying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back