Is there fake Triple.fi 10 pro?
Jan 19, 2010 at 1:39 PM Post #31 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by cfull /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Im assuming this thread is because of the multiple 150-200$ listings on amazon for triple-fis....i went through several of them this morning, and most of the BiNs list more than 1 as being available. Many of the listings even say "ordered from amazon last month" so I'm guessing you don't have much to worry about if you order from someone with reputable feedback. And as someone else already said, if they are fakes, you can always file a complaint with paypal (which you will win).

Damnnit, i just bought a pair of UE 5s this weekend at frys for 99 bucks, then come home and check head-fi and find that super-fis went for 99 at amazon last month and can be had on ebay now for 150. I ended up buying Triple-fi Vis off the bay this morning, and the UE5s are now goin' back!

I got some TF10s from eBay as well. Ah.. market saturation, great marketing for UE
tongue.gif
. Cant wait to wrap my ears around them! Might even get them custom moulded and with the extra driver from UM when i get the dough
tongue.gif

Jul 5, 2010 at 11:42 PM Post #32 of 34
Probably just grave digging, but I'd like to tell everyone that currently, there are fake Triple.Fi's assembled in China using BA drivers disassembled from cheaper IEMs (such as the Zen Aurvana). There are also fake Super.Fi 5Pro's using dynamic drivers. It is possible that the same faking process will be employed on the Triples. No idea where the shells came from, though.

Jul 6, 2010 at 11:58 AM Post #33 of 34
there will always be fakes running around. Always.There's always the possibility when ordering online.

Best to get from someone with high reputation. That almost always gurantees you a genuine product

Aug 3, 2012 at 4:37 PM Post #34 of 34
Quote:
I bet that companies that complain that there are FAKES in the market of their products are the same ones that say that their products are made in the USA and then the box you receive says: MADE IN CHINA. Then they have to be crying that they suspect that there are fakes in the market. They send their products to be made in CHINA and then they complain that the manufacturer there sells their products through eBay very cheap. Maybe they don't want to tell you that a $400 earphones are made in China for less than $10. I bought at eBay one $100 headphones for $15 and they were the same as the "originals" (company name withheld for obvious reasons).

I think I know exactly which brand(s) you are talking about. Creative-EP630/Sennheiser-CX300?

Apologies for bumping a dead thread.

The reason I "accidentally on purpose" bumped this thread is that I'm looking to buy one that has not been opened yet, in-person. Is there any reason way of knowing if it's real or not, based on the box alone? (Chances are, it is 100 percent real). ~$200 CAD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back