Is there fake Triple.fi 10 pro?
Dec 8, 2009 at 2:40 PM Post #16 of 34
I take it you don't trust the seller?
I may be lucky enough to be able to buy a pair from a member here who ordered two pairs, assuming logitech supply them, and will have to pay by cheque but the thought of them being fake never even crossed my mind.
It's not something I've heard of so I imagine they aren't widespread if available at all.
The logitech website tells you what they come with as well.
Most other fakes don't come with a lot of accessories like comply tips but you would have paid your money and received them before you found anything missing that might make you doubt their validity anyway.

Dec 8, 2009 at 3:07 PM Post #17 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gothamm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how much more info do you need? Seems like you have gotten enough resounding "no"s,

For me, more is always better and you will never know what will come up and btw, I'm sorry if someone's annoyed because of my requests but honestly, I desperate need info about this.

And like I have stated, my condition's absolutely ridiculous: living with a family that always say that internet shopping always resulted in counterfeit. But there's certain things that can't have fake replica and I hope that the Triple.fi's one of them
biggrin.gif
However, I'm not sure so I'm asking everyone about it, please help this poor boy
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by ioninric /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes there are, in china
which cost about 202USD

Can you pls kindly give me more info about it? Thanks
beerchug.gif

Dec 8, 2009 at 7:23 PM Post #20 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by weibby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
do yourself and everyone a favor.
stop asking, go on amazon or earphone solutions and get a pair.

problem solved.

Now probably isn't the best time to do that, considering they're asking $400+.

Dec 8, 2009 at 7:38 PM Post #21 of 34
I have not seen or heard of any fake triples... I am sure you are fine... There is always going to be a small amount of risk when buying online from a non authorized dealer.

If you are looking for someone to guarantee 100% that you won't get fake ones you are going to be out of luck, unless you order direct from an authorized dealer...

However, if you are just looking for reassurance that may help you feel "more" confident in your purchase... I believe the resounding responses so far should suffice?

Dec 9, 2009 at 9:20 AM Post #22 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by sonnybobiche /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now probably isn't the best time to do that, considering they're asking $400+.

That's also my reason, sirs
redface.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by archercat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have not seen or heard of any fake triples... I am sure you are fine... There is always going to be a small amount of risk when buying online from a non authorized dealer.

If you are looking for someone to guarantee 100% that you won't get fake ones you are going to be out of luck, unless you order direct from an authorized dealer...

However, if you are just looking for reassurance that may help you feel "more" confident in your purchase... I believe the resounding responses so far should suffice?

Yeah, it was sufficient but I dont think that I have been urging people to post here since post #12, I just bump the thread so that there maybe more interesting post out there and right now I'm waiting for the guy name ioninric that stated there is some fake in China @ around $200 which seem quite strange imo
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 9, 2009 at 1:58 PM Post #23 of 34
well there are many retailing at 160 USD on ebay - probably got it from the amazon/logitech raid.

Given their rep, i believe their legit - nobody builds such a good rep only to ruin it by having their account suspended.
Plus using Ebay you can dispute the charges on the basis of "fraud" should they sell you fakes.

You win some you lose some, overall no risk no gain.
But it ain't as bad as the rampant as shure,sony and senns.

Dec 16, 2009 at 7:35 PM Post #24 of 34
hi, this is my first reply. on ebay their are a few sellers ads mentioning about fake tf's being a different color. others say theirs are genuine so its implied that there are some fakes out there somewhere.

Dec 19, 2009 at 1:47 AM Post #25 of 34
Just got a pair of TF 10 vi's from an ebay seller with a lot of positive feedback (790+) and I was nervous, as you were, about getting a product that has received such amazing reviews for such a relatively ($160) low amount.

It didn't help my nerves that the auction was supposed to just be for TF 10's ... not vi's .. and then I got vi's in the mail. After confirming (with the help of the guys here) that there was no sonic difference between the 10's and 10 vi's I just decided to keep the vi's and possibly re-cable in the future... anyway, the point is I am 100% sure they are real and the seller confirmed that he had bought a quantity of them from amazon when they were having the blowout a few weeks ago.... so I have to agree with everyone else in saying you are probably safe and there don't seem to be many (if any) counterfeits out there.

smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 19, 2009 at 6:11 PM Post #27 of 34
They have been out for a couple years now. Im sure if there were fakes, the one you get now and near future will be legit because of the large amount of extra's bought from Amazon. The selling price now is so low that the fake company will not make enough profit, and risk exposing themselves to the public. If the price ever goes back up to the $300+ range, and there are no-longer any $100-200 for sale, that would be the time fakes would try to be sold.
It seems that the TF-10 would be very hard to duplicate, and not be very obvious. There are just so many manufacture steps involved. Why go though the hassle to just be able to sell Triple driver phones for $100-200.
The IE-8 in comparison looks a little plain and the Chinese saw that as an opportunity to make a simple $300 profit.
Imagine the fact tha they could not get the 1-driver to sound like the original, and how they could possibly to get a 3-driver to sound the same.

Dec 26, 2009 at 2:33 PM Post #28 of 34
I bet that companies that complain that there are FAKES in the market of their products are the same ones that say that their products are made in the USA and then the box you receive says: MADE IN CHINA. Then they have to be crying that they suspect that there are fakes in the market. They send their products to be made in CHINA and then they complain that the manufacturer there sells their products through eBay very cheap. Maybe they don't want to tell you that a $400 earphones are made in China for less than $10. I bought at eBay one $100 headphones for $15 and they were the same as the "originals" (company name withheld for obvious reasons).

Jan 19, 2010 at 1:28 PM Post #30 of 34
Im assuming this thread is because of the multiple 150-200$ listings on amazon for triple-fis....i went through several of them this morning, and most of the BiNs list more than 1 as being available. Many of the listings even say "ordered from amazon last month" so I'm guessing you don't have much to worry about if you order from someone with reputable feedback. And as someone else already said, if they are fakes, you can always file a complaint with paypal (which you will win).

Damnnit, i just bought a pair of UE 5s this weekend at frys for 99 bucks, then come home and check head-fi and find that super-fis went for 99 at amazon last month and can be had on ebay now for 150. I ended up buying Triple-fi Vis off the bay this morning, and the UE5s are now goin' back!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back