Is there anything I can do to make vocals sound more forward, without being artificial sound on my AKG K540?
Feb 5, 2014 at 2:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

dakanao

Headphoneus Supremus
http://en.goldenears.net/9893

They have great clarity, naturalness, good detail retrieval, and good separation, but the vocals are a little recessed. I tried pushing the 250 hz and 500 hz up, and that does make the vocals sound more forward, but then they sound very artificial. So is there anything I can do to make the vocals more forward, but without being artificial sound? Cus they sound very natural and clear, only a little recessed, which makes me have a hard times listening to music.

Feb 10, 2014 at 4:49 AM Post #2 of 5
You can remaster the actual source material. It's common when you have a bad mix or when dealing with certain modern mastering techniques.

Feb 10, 2014 at 5:50 PM Post #4 of 5
  The songs that had this problem were FLAC files, and they're almost perfectly remastered, if not perfect.

How do you know they are perfectly remasterd?

If they are indeed perfectly remastered, then that shows you the headphones aren't accurately representing the perfectly remastered music or something else in your chain is greatly affecting your source files in a negative way.

Feb 11, 2014 at 10:14 AM Post #5 of 5

How do you know they are perfectly remasterd?

If they are indeed perfectly remastered, then that shows you the headphones aren't accurately representing the perfectly remastered music or something else in your chain is greatly affecting your source files in a negative way.

Yeah true, the vocals are a little recessed, and they're a tad bit too bright. I have IDT High Definition audio codec onboard soundcard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back