Is there anyone here that HAPPY with his headphones ?!
Aug 10, 2008 at 1:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 109

HeadLover

1000+ Head-Fier
I know this question might seem to be "queer", but sometimes after reading many posts here, I have the feeling that no one "truly" happy with what he got!

Some say their headphones are to "harsh", some say it doesn't have enough bass, some will say it to heavy and so on.

Why can't we be happy? and do u ever find "nirvana" with what u got ?

Do u ever have just ONE headphones u are truly happy with them ?

Aug 10, 2008 at 2:03 PM Post #2 of 109
Westone UM2 - happy enough that after I move flat next week I will sell my Shure's and assortment of cheap ear buds and canals off. I've waxed lyrical about the UM2s plenty enough in the past so won't repeat myself here. My next IEM will only be a custom - but years off before I can afford it

Senn PX100 - cheap, like wearing a cloud and cheerful. A keeper

AT ESW9 - pretty but I cannot help but feel that there is room for improvement in the sound so looks like I will be buying one more pair of full sized

Aug 10, 2008 at 2:09 PM Post #3 of 109
I think that being happy with your setup and being deluded thinking it's perfect are different things.

Since I own no perfect headphones, I use them depending on my mood, the music I like to listen or to refresh my ears. Despite I know none is perfect and none would fill all my needs, I'm quite happy with the system and its versatility.

Rgrds

Aug 10, 2008 at 2:28 PM Post #4 of 109
I'm perfectly happy with what I got right now, especially the HD600. I does everything right with the kind of music I listen to. But that is just my sentiment towards HD600. I don't believe it's the technically perfect headphone and that's where the other headphones come in. I don't expect them to replace the phone I'm perfectly happy with, but rather, compliment it by filling the holes where HD600 can't fill in.

Aug 10, 2008 at 2:37 PM Post #5 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cool_Torpedo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think that being happy with your setup and being deluded thinking it's perfect are different things.

Well said, Torpedo. I too am very happy with my setup, but by no means believe it is perfect (of that perfection is even possible).

Hmmm. A perfect set-up. That would be BORING! Ha! What would I screw around with all day? Real responsibilities? No way!

Aug 10, 2008 at 2:38 PM Post #6 of 109
I'd tend to agree with Cool Torpedo's perspective.

I've got several pair of headphones, and I've had several others...including some of those that are thought to be the best available. I've been happy with most that I've owned, but not completely satisfied.

I'm getting closer lately...but I've not yet found something that is completely satisfying in all ways. But I'm VERY happy with what I have...I could stop churning and upgrading tomorrow if I had to and be VERY happy.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 10, 2008 at 2:54 PM Post #10 of 109
I haven't found the perfect 'all-rounder' yet.
But my Stax SR2050A and Ultrasone HFI 700 are keepers (for different genres of music)..... Unless I become rich.

I've sold off over thirty pairs so far. A lot of people on these boards have probably sold many more than that.

Aug 10, 2008 at 2:55 PM Post #11 of 109
I personally feel that people are too generous with headphone comments. I feel people should comment on more bad things, and more comparisons. Everyone says that ... are brilliant, but compared to what? Thus, i only tend trust a few revues. But i feel taht due to fact that many headphones, and people have and like different sound sigs, there can't truly be "one" headphones people are happy with. There will always be something "missing", you just have to be happy to be missing that, and many, many people are.

Aug 10, 2008 at 2:57 PM Post #12 of 109
ah-d1001k. Happy. If i stop now my wallet stays nourished. lol.

Aug 10, 2008 at 3:26 PM Post #13 of 109
Yes, absolutely, Alessandro MS-Pro's. I no longer believe there is something better for me, I just enjoy these so much, and can isten to them all night.

Rockboxed Gen5.5 iMod > FLAC > stevenkelby Jena LOD > ALO Portable V-Cap dock > Signal Cable Silver Resolution mini-mini > iQube > MS-Pro's

Also have AD900, MS-1, Ety ER4P/S, SE530. Previously DT880, HD580, Stax.

Aug 10, 2008 at 3:33 PM Post #14 of 109
I am happy with all of my four headphones!
Really don't need anything else.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back