Is There Any Bigger Waste of Time and Effort Then the MTV Music Awards?
Aug 26, 2003 at 1:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

williamgoody

Banned
Really now. Granted I've only watched these once (and was incredibly underwhelmed); but in between innings I flipped through and came across a "VMA Preview" for these awards.

First of all, I didn't know MTV still played videos.

Second, this show conceivably has the biggest collection of perceiveably "bad" talent that there could be.

And even as I speak, Road Rules comes on my TV.

I just think it's sad, but if you're into it, knock yourself out.

Maybe the times are passing me by, I dunno....

Aug 26, 2003 at 1:23 AM Post #5 of 24
Quote:

Originally posted by ai0tron
The solution i found is to just nto watch tv. Play videogames and only watch movies you love.

That's basically what I do (save the videogames), but I was watching the ballgame and flipped through in between innings.

Maybe BlessingX is onto something. Maybe all award shows are just a waste.

Aug 26, 2003 at 2:19 AM Post #7 of 24
I just watch it for the potential "nip-slipage"
wink.gif

Aug 26, 2003 at 2:54 AM Post #9 of 24
Apparently I haven't missed much by not watching TV for the last month or so.

Aug 26, 2003 at 3:33 AM Post #11 of 24
What about "Who wants to marry a millionaire", "Who wants to marry my dad", "Who wants to marry my cousin's roomate", "Who wants to marry the homeless guy living in a box", "Who wants to marry my dog"...

Aug 26, 2003 at 6:05 AM Post #13 of 24
Quote:

Originally posted by MusicLover
What about "Who wants to marry a millionaire", "Who wants to marry my dad", "Who wants to marry my cousin's roomate", "Who wants to marry the homeless guy living in a box", "Who wants to marry my dog"...

Are those all for real?
eek.gif

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Aug 26, 2003 at 6:51 AM Post #14 of 24
Simpsons, Family Guy, Futurama, King Of The Hill, X-Files, Conan O'Brien, South Park, The Sopranos, The Shield, The Man Show.... seems to me there's plenty of good shows on still.

Aug 26, 2003 at 8:08 AM Post #15 of 24
Quote:

Originally posted by penvzila
Simpsons, Family Guy, Futurama, King Of The Hill, X-Files, Conan O'Brien, South Park, The Sopranos, The Shield, The Man Show.... seems to me there's plenty of good shows on still.

And this totals like...what? 1% of what's shown on TV? What you've mentioned is great, but the majority of what's shown is crap. At the top of this dung pile is the MTV music awards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back