Is the RE0 suitable for me?
Nov 12, 2009 at 4:16 AM Post #16 of 31
I have an issue with my IEM RE0 and was told about 90 day warranty just today. If you can show me a link about 1 year warranty I would appreciate it.

Edit: I did see 1 year warranty on the website. I bought the IEM through their ebay store. I hope that does not change the warranty. I have mailed and asked head-direct about the warranty.

Their email response was quite good and they asked me to ship the headphone without any packaging or accessories.

Nov 12, 2009 at 6:17 AM Post #17 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Indeed, but RE0 does benefit well from a good amp, especially on tightening up the sloppier bass when the source has a weak output (such as my Nano4).

Using E5 is not without a trade off. You get more bass but at a slight cost of treble detail. On the other hand, E1 doesn't have that problem - but you can only use it with an iPod.

From the posts I've read since I started this thread I think the bass should be enough for me. Most people say it's tight and controlled and that's probably good enough for me. It lacks impact like the PL50 (does anyone care to compare the two in this regard?), but I can live with that.

I would be more enamoured with a wide soundstage, but I guess the other advantages of the RE0 will be enough to convert me. I'm very new to all of this, but is there any IEM out there which has incredible highs, detail and clarity and also a wide soundstage? Everytime I see "wide soundstage", IE8 pops up. But as far as I've read the IE8 isn't known for its clarity and detail.

I just hope the discount will last to the end of the month. I'm gonna start looking for a temp job soon, and I'll buy it once I've got a job.

Oh btw, do you think an iPod classic 160GB (the newest sept 09 revision) will be enough to adequately drive the RE0?

Nov 12, 2009 at 9:06 AM Post #18 of 31
Can't say I know enough of iPod to tell you whether the new Classic 160GB can drive it well. But at least for my Nano4, it is more than adequate but not the greatest. If the new Classic is anywhere like Nano4, you will miss a very tiny bit of top end and perhaps not as strong a bass impact as it can be. But for the major parts of it, I think you will be just fine.

On the other hand, you can always buy an amp + LOD in the future. There is no need to rush for them right now.

Nov 12, 2009 at 11:04 PM Post #19 of 31
I have an 09 classic 160bg and a Sansa Fuze and I didn't like the sound from the RE0. The bass is very weak unamped and the overall sound as a result is quite cold.

On the other hand my Senn CX500 that many people here trash (have they actually heard them?) sound great. I listened to the RE0's for hours and every time I went back to the CX500 to compare I much preferred the Senn's.

Nov 12, 2009 at 11:35 PM Post #20 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by BaadDawg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have an 09 classic 160bg and a Sansa Fuze and I didn't like the sound from the RE0. The bass is very weak unamped and the overall sound as a result is quite cold.

On the other hand my Senn CX500 that many people here trash (have they actually heard them?) sound great. I listened to the RE0's for hours and every time I went back to the CX500 to compare I much preferred the Senn's.

I found that burning in the RE0 make quite a difference in the sound.

Nov 13, 2009 at 12:07 AM Post #21 of 31
Hi RE0 owners.

I'm seriously considering to get a pair of RE0 as well. I've had a Shure E2c before, hopefully it is a decent upgrade, considering the praise it got here.

While I love my Shure (especially the comfort, tight seal, and never falls off), I'm on my 4th pair in a little over 2 years.

How's the cable on the RE0? It kinda worries me that it only have a 1 year warranty. It would suck if the cables sucked like Shure's.

Nov 13, 2009 at 12:25 AM Post #23 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by mythless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The new cables should be pretty good, as long you put it in a case it should be fine.

And if I don't? I'm too lazy to put it in a case.

Nov 13, 2009 at 12:27 AM Post #24 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by chengbin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And if I don't? I'm too lazy to put it in a case.

Then you will most likely die a slow, painful death.

Nov 13, 2009 at 12:39 AM Post #25 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by TopPop /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Then you will most likely die a slow, painful death.

Me or the earphone?
o2smile.gif

And how slow would you say?

Nov 13, 2009 at 12:41 AM Post #26 of 31
Quote:

And how slow would you say?

Threeve.

Nov 13, 2009 at 1:01 AM Post #28 of 31
Quote:

I'm sorry, but I didn't catch that. What does that mean?

threeve.jpg

Nov 13, 2009 at 5:30 PM Post #30 of 31
For those who have both, would a pl50 lover be happy with the RE0, or is there too much of a sound signature difference?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back