Is the KSC-75 still king of budget phones?
Jun 21, 2007 at 4:30 PM Post #31 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by trains are bad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where can you buy them nowadays? I can't find them locally, and some have a volume adjuster in the cord. I have a pair already but I lost a clip. What's this about a headband mod?

I had only found them at Circuit City & Radio Shack before, but I'd still prefer to buy them online.

Amazon sells them, and somebody else just found a link to a strange company that I prolly wouldn't buy from...but they were like $12. Best I've found from somebody I *know* will ship (even tho it could take 'em a few weeks, supposedly they're on backorder... prolly from me posting this link all over head-fi, and they jacked up the price 2 more $$ to $17: http://www.academicsuperstore.com/ma...?PartNo=751286

I think I'd prolly rather buy 2 from Amazon to save on shipping!

Jun 21, 2007 at 4:31 PM Post #32 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by buddhashenglong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ill-conceived specialty crackers. I laughed til my ribs hurt.

That's not funny that someone would sacrifice KSC bass for these ill-conceived specialty crackers and off-brand soda. I actually cried when I read that... on the inside.

Jun 21, 2007 at 5:21 PM Post #33 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by buddhashenglong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ill-conceived specialty crackers. I laughed til my ribs hurt.

What, you don't like the Cool Ranch flavor Cheez-its?
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 21, 2007 at 6:03 PM Post #35 of 43
It's not really that the CV130 is bass shy, it just doesn't have the same bass feel as a KSC75.

Jun 21, 2007 at 11:04 PM Post #39 of 43
are the ksc75 really that good, because in the uk they're going for peanuts.

i've brought the porta pro and although overall the sound is fuller than the px100/200, the sennheiser is better on clarity.

Jun 21, 2007 at 11:09 PM Post #40 of 43
How does the ksc75 compare to a non titanium coated 60 ohm. I have been listening to a pair of ford mac5 off ebay which got fro 12 bucks (worst buy because each pair had a defectve driver till I frankstien a workng pair out of the two with my soldiering iron) and they are pretty good buy not that impressive upgrade from Coby CVH42(40mm driver which I thought was $2 well spent from biglots). 'm not saying that they suck I'm just saying dollar headphones to coby cvh42 gave more of a wow than upgrading from cvh42 to mac5

Basically is ksc75 a big improvemant from mac5?

Jun 21, 2007 at 11:47 PM Post #41 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG POPPA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
KSC-75's are king of the CHEAPO'S. MS-1's win the next tier.

Couldn agree more! that's it!

Jun 22, 2007 at 7:45 PM Post #42 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by CAvanessia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the KSC75s will not be better than higher end headphones, but what is the maximum potential of these ksc75s?

suppose we have an imod and a good amp.

mine are recabled and kramer modded. they are very good, but i'm thinking about upgrading to alessandro MS-1's.

An imod+amp is way overkill if all you're using is kramer-modded KSC75s. If you can afford an imod+amp (I think I'd rather just get an iAudio X5 or what's-the-most-expensive DAP...gah, can't remember and I'm lazy), you could at least get some X3s.
tongue.gif
But modded (or just stock) KSC75s are definitely still the best for the price. I think I could live with just them and X3s and be mostly happy, and I think most people (not most people here, naturally) would be too. They should really just package all DAPs with KSC75s, honestly! Or put just a skosh more R/D into making somewhat more decent packaged buds/etc. Am I right? At the prices people pay for a brand-new iPod, for example, it seems they could make better packaged buds to go with them. Sorry, that's another thread entirely.
tongue.gif

Jun 22, 2007 at 7:58 PM Post #43 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by grndslm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now now... Cool Ranch is not ill-conceived. I guess I could give up some bass for Cool Ranch Cheez-its!

Now this is the funniest quote of this thread!

I do have to second the opinions about the PX100--I've only heard them once, but it was obvious that they're a bit better than KSC75s (but with a similar sound flavor). KSC75s edge them because of the price point, I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back