Is the KSC-75 still king of budget phones?
Jun 21, 2007 at 2:06 AM Post #8 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by grndslm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
KSC75 is definitely still the king of budget phones.

The headband mod makes them a bit better, IMO... less tangling!

Not sure if I like them better with the band or not. They're more distinct with the them on but sometimes, I think of switching to the clips to get some of their airiness back. The only reason why I didn't do so is pure laziness.
blink.gif

Jun 21, 2007 at 2:55 AM Post #11 of 43
Dunno about topping them precisely, but for $6 at any BigLots you can get the Coby CV130.

They require trivial modding. You have to take off the earpad, remove the foam ring from around the face of the driver, and put the earpad back on. Then wear them low and a bit back on your ear.

They don't have the ksc75 bass, but you'd be surprised how good they sound for six bucks.

They also have single-sided entry (right side for some reason) and an inline volume control and stereo/mono switch.

Try 'em - what do you have to lose? Six bucks? Get some ill-conceived specialty crackers and off-brand beverages while you're there.

Jun 21, 2007 at 3:32 AM Post #13 of 43
the KSC75s will not be better than higher end headphones, but what is the maximum potential of these ksc75s?

suppose we have an imod and a good amp.

mine are recabled and kramer modded. they are very good, but i'm thinking about upgrading to alessandro MS-1's.

Jun 21, 2007 at 3:33 AM Post #14 of 43
Nope.
Only the modded ones are. :p

Jun 21, 2007 at 3:52 AM Post #15 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by BrookR1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are the Cobys earring style...err...I meant clip ons like the KSC-75s?

Nope. Headband w/ about 120 degrees of swivle in the earcup so the lay flat.

http://i.s8.com.br/images/electronic...g9/1518869.jpg

Edit: They are advertised with "superbass" - the mod i describe removes the "superbass" "feature", and cleans up the mids and highs at the same time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back