Is Steve Jobs an Audiophile?
Mar 15, 2010 at 3:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 83

Icenine2

Headphoneus Supremus
Anyone have actual knowledge if Steve Jobs is and Audiophile? If so what kind of gear does he use?

Keith

Mar 15, 2010 at 4:08 PM Post #3 of 83
two different people, two different threads

Mar 15, 2010 at 4:24 PM Post #6 of 83
Two thread seemed and excess but I was interested and knew one of these guys would dominate, Jobs I believe. Even thought Gates is a gear head w/cars somehow I doubt he's and audio guy. Jobs I could believe. I could actually believe he listens to vinyl!

Mar 15, 2010 at 4:38 PM Post #7 of 83
Steve Jobs oversees the choice of products that is sold in the Apple Stores. Did you see anything else than Bose, Monster Beats and JBL lately? Maybe a few lower-end Shures, Sennheisers and AKGs, but nothing spectacular. If Jobs really cared about sound, the Apple Stores would certainly offer something better than what's on the shelves now.

Mar 15, 2010 at 4:45 PM Post #9 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bengt77 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Steve Jobs oversees the choice of products that is sold in the Apple Stores. Did you see anything else than Bose, Monster Beats and JBL lately? Maybe a few lower-end Shures, Sennheisers and AKGs, but nothing spectacular. If Jobs really cared about sound, the Apple Stores would certainly offer something better than what's on the shelves now.

not like he can choose the products to be put on shelves of apple stores.

Mar 15, 2010 at 4:47 PM Post #10 of 83
There is a famous picture of jobs early on where the only furniture in his apartment was a very high end speaker/turntable setup. I'd imagine he still cares about audio. Making decisions about what to sell is about profit, not about preferences at some point. It doesn't make sense to stock something in every apple store if it's an extremely niche market.

Mar 15, 2010 at 4:51 PM Post #12 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bengt77 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

For a while the apple stores in the local area stocked high end shure headphones, sennheiser, and AKG. I say stocked, because I cant say sold.

Although both of these men may be audiophiles, they are also businessmen responsible for companies they have not managed to sink yet. A large part of that is being an adult, putting your personal desires aside, and saying "whats good for my company"?

If they personally like high-fi audio, thats awesome! should they stock headphones that probably dont appeal to the same demographic as the rest of their product?

Mar 15, 2010 at 4:52 PM Post #13 of 83
steve-jobs-at-home-1982.jpg

Mar 15, 2010 at 5:22 PM Post #15 of 83
his setup is: ipod>fiiO>T1
he is a very knowledgeable audiophile

I think if he was an audiophile ipod would be a decent portable player without any modifications. So I think its safe to assume he's no audiophile although he might enjoy music just as any of us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back