Is Sansa Clip + really that good?!
Jan 12, 2013 at 8:45 AM Post #212 of 467
Quote:
I  hate that rockbox thing, unusable eq (muddy), messed up interface,add nothing to sq , and buggy (sometimes fail to detect files),
Uninstalled.

If you think the EQ on Rockbox is muddy, you obviously didn't learn how to use it to its full potential.
wink.gif

Jan 12, 2013 at 9:11 AM Post #213 of 467
Quote:
I  hate that rockbox thing, unusable eq (muddy), messed up interface,add nothing to sq , and buggy (sometimes fail to detect files),
Uninstalled.

If you think the EQ on Rockbox is muddy, you obviously didn't learn how to use it to its full potential.
wink.gif

+1
Rockbox is an amazing player for any device that supports it.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Jan 16, 2013 at 9:23 AM Post #214 of 467
In search of a set of smaller phones for the clip+, i gave it another try &
i bought a pair of sennh. cx870 iem(s). (saw them on a discount somewhere, cheap).
Although i think the hd595 still sound significantly better, the cx870 are
rather good/good enough, especially after a few hours "burn in"  =).
I was a little surprised about the playing hours i got from the battery tho. ca. 6 hours.
The volume on "high" at 60%, playing level 7 / 300+ k ogg's & few flac's. Eq on this time..
I guess this takes a lot of power. Hope my battery is not a lemon.

But hey..can't complain really..the little player doesn't cost too much.

Also i saw even R2D2 uses it..=)

Then i have a question: what would be the fastest (& still safe) solution for a wall-socket usb charger?
I see there are chargers with 500mA, 1A & 2.1A power?
Will a 2.1A charger be faster? or is this just too much for the clip+?

Jan 19, 2013 at 11:46 AM Post #216 of 467
Quote:
I can't seem to get the autoloader to work for my clip+.  Anyone know why it wouldn't work?  Or if I should install an earlier version?"

Is the Clip+ USB mode set to mass storage? (MSC)

Jan 22, 2013 at 2:26 AM Post #218 of 467
I would have to say people like it because it put out a really great sound for an $50 player, its in the same way as why people seems to like MH1C , people are often able to like cheaper things more than expensive ones , even if the expensive one provide considerable improvement

Jan 22, 2013 at 5:04 AM Post #219 of 467
People dislike the clip because they don't want to believe it can perform so well at the price. It sticks two very diminutive fingers up at their belief system, that more expensive is always better, generating a lot of hostility; this manifests as expectation bias and causes perception anchoring in their subjective listening appraisals! It's the old availability cascade in action. 
wink.gif

...I still prefer my iPod video though!

Jan 22, 2013 at 6:12 AM Post #221 of 467
Quote:
It's in Mass Storage.  It's set to the E: drive.  So I set the rockbox to download there, but that's where it stops and gives me an error. 

I'm late to this party but did you make sure that you're using a compatible Sansa FW to start and aiming the autoloader at an unzipped version of same. Not every FW version is supported.

Jan 22, 2013 at 7:52 AM Post #223 of 467
Quote:
People dislike the clip because they don't want to believe it can perform so well at the price. It sticks two very diminutive fingers up at their belief system, that more expensive is always better, generating a lot of hostility; this manifests as expectation bias and causes perception anchoring in their subjective listening appraisals! It's the old availability cascade in action. 
wink.gif

...I still prefer my iPod video though!

I have to agree, I got an iPod Video 5.5 80GB a little while ago and it really does have a pleasing sound to it, a step above my Sansas (which are still and will remain my portables) and better than any of the other DAPs I have experienced. Sounds pleasing enough via the line-out that I have zero interest in any of the *cough*audiophile*cough* DAPs. 
L3000.gif

Jan 22, 2013 at 10:17 AM Post #224 of 467
Quote:
I have to agree, I got an iPod Video 5.5 80GB a little while ago and it really does have a pleasing sound to it, a step above my Sansas (which are still and will remain my portables) and better than any of the other DAPs I have experienced. Sounds pleasing enough via the line-out that I have zero interest in any of the *cough*audiophile*cough* DAPs. 
L3000.gif

I agree, it has a richer sound gets my head nodding a more often. Whilst I would love to hear the audiophile portables I cant see me ever spending that much coin on one, I am more than satisfied with the iVid and Clip+ (unamped) Iv'e owned iMods and amps with stupidly priced interconnects and cannot remember such a significant difference to make them worthwhile but each to there own :).

Jan 22, 2013 at 10:26 AM Post #225 of 467

Users who are viewing this thread

Back