Is Sansa Clip + really that good?!
Jan 22, 2013 at 2:19 PM Post #226 of 467
I thiink the clip is decent with my IEM's although lacking a bit compared to my NAD amplifier headphone jack...

It is good as a cheap player and sounds pretty good but I think it is lacking in power to drive large headphones and even my IEM are lacking in bass compared to my integrated amp.

Jan 22, 2013 at 11:32 PM Post #227 of 467
Jan 22, 2013 at 11:40 PM Post #228 of 467
Quote:
I get to the part where you get ready to install bootloader and then I get the error that I need the .bin file.  I didn't think you had to have that .bin file in the auto loader?  If I have to get it, I haven't found that either. 

You always need the firmware bin file.  The installer just patches a firmware file with a bootloader so that you can run 3rd party code on the player.  The message that pops up isn't an error though, its a link to the webpage where you can download the file.  Rerun the installer, get back to that screen and then click the link and then download the firmware file for your player. 

Jan 23, 2013 at 6:22 AM Post #229 of 467
Quote:

You always need the firmware bin file.  The installer just patches a firmware file with a bootloader so that you can run 3rd party code on the player.  The message that pops up isn't an error though, its a link to the webpage where you can download the file.  Rerun the installer, get back to that screen and then click the link and then download the firmware file for your player. 

Thanks.  I guess I just hadn't taken it that far.  That's what I was thinking, but I thought the autoinstaller would do the entire thing.  Thanks. 

Jan 24, 2013 at 6:40 AM Post #230 of 467
Well that rockbox is everything people say it is.  Really able to tweak the sound.  My HFI780's have never had just that deep bass brought out by just a player before.  I really wish the text was larger.  It's quite annoying to try to read that tiny little text.  Also, does anyone know how to save the EQ settings.  I go to the save EQ section and put in a name...but then the only way I can get back to the main menu is to cancel the save. 

Jan 24, 2013 at 7:05 AM Post #231 of 467
Learn the menus and load some fonts. It's all there including text size. Retention is so much greater with discovery. Glad you got it going.
bigsmile_face.gif

Jan 24, 2013 at 4:05 PM Post #234 of 467
Because it is a brilliant machine! I have bought one 2 weeks ago (8 gb for just 40 euros yaay!) and played around with the original firmware. Today I rockboxed it and man, it is really worth it! At least some smaller letters :)

Jan 24, 2013 at 7:24 PM Post #239 of 467
Quote:
I doubt it gives any more sub bass capability over the stock firmware though?

To be clear, a parametric EQ is one that allows arbitrary changes to the frequency response.  "sub bass" is usually <100Hz.  Just set an EQ band at 50 Hz, and crank it up as much as you like, and then add some precut so it doesn't distort.  

Jan 24, 2013 at 7:27 PM Post #240 of 467
Quote:
 Just set an EQ band at 50 Hz, and crank it up as much as you like, and then add some precut so it doesn't distort.  

It doesn't necessarily distort, most of the time it sound muddy i.e  the headphone is not able of clean sub bass, so let's not try to boost it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back