Is Sansa Clip + really that good?!
Sep 16, 2011 at 4:20 PM Post #2 of 467
I had a Clip+ and i don't understand all the love it gets either.

Sep 16, 2011 at 4:23 PM Post #3 of 467
The clip works extremely well with IEMs due to its low output impedance. Low output impedance generally is a very good thing to have imo with any low impedance cans below 100 ohm. On a certain "blog" from an engineer's perspective, you will find a review of the clip+ vs ipod touch backed by measurements amongst many many technical articles.

Sep 16, 2011 at 4:25 PM Post #4 of 467
I thought low output impedance was worse ebcause it cannot power as many headphones?

The feeling I get from the Clip + is that it is quite accurate but it doesnt amplify the sound very much thus making it sound a bit flat.... Whereas if I plug the same IEM's into my desktop amplifier they sound more amplified / dynamic and less flat.

Sep 16, 2011 at 4:33 PM Post #5 of 467
No. Low output impedance has nothing to do with the ability to "power" headphones; low output impedance means you won't expect a load eg. a headphone drastically and unpredictably alter the device's frequency response in undesirable ways. Since the clip's output impedance is around only 1 ohm, its FR is flat without a load and still hardly changes with a load.

Sep 16, 2011 at 4:36 PM Post #6 of 467
People love the clip+ because

1. It's cheap.
  2. There's that nice microdisc slot
  3. You can Rockbox it.
  4. Decent sound for its size, especially with iems with low impedance
  5. Did I mention Roxkbox?

Sep 17, 2011 at 2:44 AM Post #7 of 467
I have a Clip + and I find it sounds great. I'm using Audio Technica IEMs which listed originally for a hundred bucks bet were on sale for 40. The combination is great. It's seems a bit weak for my Portapros, but it still sounds great with my Grado SR60i phones. For the money it's great. It seems it only does music, no pictures, internet, or anything else. I really like it.

Sep 17, 2011 at 9:14 AM Post #8 of 467

Quote:
I have a Clip + and I find it sounds great. I'm using Audio Technica IEMs which listed originally for a hundred bucks bet were on sale for 40. The combination is great. It's seems a bit weak for my Portapros, but it still sounds great with my Grado SR60i phones. For the money it's great. It seems it only does music, no pictures, internet, or anything else. I really like it.

You should Rockbox it.
wink.gif

Sep 17, 2011 at 9:32 AM Post #9 of 467
it is a great little player, but i was let down by the build, the headphone jack came loose, and i fixed it 3 times, utill one of the capacitors came off the last time i tried. Im getting an iPod classic now.

Sep 17, 2011 at 9:39 AM Post #10 of 467

Quote:
it is a great little player, but i was let down by the build, the headphone jack came loose, and i fixed it 3 times, utill one of the capacitors came off the last time i tried. Im getting an iPod classic now.

Mine is nearly two years old and  still works flawlessly.
wink.gif

Sep 17, 2011 at 11:22 AM Post #12 of 467
i obviously was unlucky. I did love it tho, and looked after it well, shame it only lasted 6 months... Im getting an iPod classic 160gb (i like lots of space) with a fiio E11 and L9. Should be a nice setup

Sep 17, 2011 at 2:52 PM Post #13 of 467

Quote:
Hmm I have a sansa clip + and it is alright I suppose but I am not sure why people seem to worship it so much?

Would I get much of an improvement from something like a Cowon player?

You have a Cowon. I don't see any reason to get Sansa Clip+. Rockbox is very nice, Cowon's colorful EQ is also wonderful -- they can sound different, but improvement.... ?

Sep 17, 2011 at 3:02 PM Post #14 of 467

Quote:
You have a Cowon. I don't see any reason to get Sansa Clip+. Rockbox is very nice, Cowon's colorful EQ is also wonderful -- they can sound different, but improvement.... ?

I think you read the OP wrong.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back