Is Sansa Clip + really that good?!
Mar 22, 2013 at 6:02 AM Post #271 of 467
Quote:
Yes, yes it does sound like an FM radio, compared to my 'audiophile daps' read the rest of what I said
That's it, right there in a nut shell, just for you. When I said "which I think Sansa has covered" I meant over an IPod.
smily_headphones1.gif

What price range are these "audiophile daps"

Mar 22, 2013 at 6:58 AM Post #274 of 467
You mean quiet. Can't you give a straight answer? I'm trying to follow your logic here (if you can call it that).

Nope, you ruined it again Skamp**, by being rude, I was all about to answer you too.

Really need to work on that my friend. :wink:

Mar 22, 2013 at 7:05 AM Post #275 of 467
When was I rude before my last post (when you already refused to answer)? I mean there:

I'll say what ever you want me to say for you to be quite. :smile:

That's just the excuse (that's not even an argument) that you use when you're cornered into admitting that you're not making much sense. Business as usual!

Also, I could blame YOU for being rude, too, wishing for me to be "quite" (sic) after I asked simple questions.

Mar 22, 2013 at 8:14 AM Post #276 of 467
Can you both quit it. Life to short for that kind of blathering.

H20 is saying FM Radio < iPod < Clip+ < Colorfly C3.

He only brought FM radio into the discussion to try and describe the how far apart these players are in SQ.

I understand him to mean, that the gap in SQ between FM radio and iPod/Clip is kinda like the gap between the Clip and Colorfly C3 (or similar). 

Mar 22, 2013 at 2:20 PM Post #278 of 467
As someone who does not use IEM's (which are so often affected by the output impedance of sources), I don't necessarily agree with a Rockboxed Clip variant being notably better sounding than an iPod....I think they both sound just fine. I'd rate them a slight step above my Cowon player if all EQ's/enhancements are disabled. Then with very careful tweaking the Cowon can slightly surpass them.

I've read some comments here recently where H20's beloved C&C BH amp and  Colorfly C3 were described as bright sounding, which makes me think he might actually enjoy the sound of a new Cirrus Logic-equipped iPod Touch (4th or 5th gen), if he actually heard one without knowing what it was.
wink.gif

Mar 22, 2013 at 3:02 PM Post #279 of 467
I gotta say, while waiting on my Studio to get fixed (still haven't shipped it out, curse you small paychecks :frowning2:  ), I've gotten a lot of time in with my Clip Zip. If I hadn't heard the Studio before, I would no questions asked just run the Clip with an amp and call it a day. I'm noticing the limitations of power on my Tzar 90's. There's not much soundstage, and the bass simply doesn't have the same power, but hey, they're 90 ohms so no harm done. I'm deciding between a couple amp choices to hold me over until I get my Studio back (Fiio E12, C&C, and some random $50 amp that looks like a D-ZERO), but overall am very happy with this little guy. 

One thing I forgot how much I missed on a DAP is a useable UI. It's simply magic. When I get the Studio back, the question is, do I keep it or try to get a Sony F-Series? :wink:

Mar 22, 2013 at 7:33 PM Post #281 of 467
As someone who does not use IEM's (which are so often affected by the output impedance of sources), I don't necessarily agree with a Rockboxed Clip variant being notably better sounding than an iPod....I think they both sound just fine. I'd rate them a slight step above my Cowon player if all EQ's/enhancements are disabled. Then with very careful tweaking the Cowon can slightly surpass them.

I've read some comments here recently where H20's beloved C&C BH amp and  Colorfly C3 were described as bright sounding, which makes me think he might actually enjoy the sound of a new Cirrus Logic-equipped iPod Touch (4th or 5th gen), if he actually heard one without knowing what it was.
wink.gif

It is true, I prefer brighter signatures, I actually came close to purchasing a 4g touch recently as upgrade from my 2g though opted out going for a Samsung phone, Mind you my touch is never used for music, the 2g does not satisfy me however, you did have me curious about them but not as a serious contender.

Regarding the iPod / Clip+, all I originally meant was Clip+ can hold it's own next to any iPod I have tried nothing more, nothing less, this doesn't mean it's better or worse. As you can see Skamp** was trying to twist, turn, mould the conversation in his direction. Myself spending a lot of time on these forums have become accustom watching him force feed people, I won't be one of them, so I shut him down.

He is very naughty. :xf_eek:

Mar 22, 2013 at 7:42 PM Post #283 of 467
Has anyone had an issue where playback will just halt, and when I hit the resume (home) button it will give me an error message saying either nothing to resume or unable to read file or something. I'm running clip+ and rockbox, not sure if it's the latest firmware, but it latest as of ~2 months ago is what i've got. It's not a huge issue, just annoying really. 

However that's really the only issue I have with my clip plus. I love it, It lasts me the whole week on one charge, sd card is a HUGE bonus, and sound is astounding for a measley  $30. 

Mar 22, 2013 at 7:56 PM Post #284 of 467
Hi All,

I can't enjoy my Sansa Clip+ because I don't have any IEMs.
Any recommendations for cheap ($20 - $25) IEMs that would sound good with the Clip+ ?
(I don't want any ear-buds). I see Sony IEMs in the Best Buy for $15-$25.
Are they any good.

P.S.
I've tried my HD 595 but they're too much for the Clip+.

Mar 22, 2013 at 7:58 PM Post #285 of 467
Hi All,

I can't enjoy my Sansa Clip+ because I don't have any IEMs.
Any recommendations for cheap ($20 - $25) IEMs that would sound good with the Clip+ ?
(I don't want any ear-buds). I see Sony IEMs in the Best Buy for $15-$25.
Are they any good.

P.S.
I've tried my HD 595 but they're too much for the Clip+.

Have a look for Phillips SHE3580, they sound decent.

We have a thread here, also.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/561951/philips-she3580-iem-review-how-can-something-sound-so-good-for-10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back