is my westone 3 pirated?
Mar 21, 2010 at 4:20 AM Post #16 of 31
Definitely not a pirate. I just sent my W3 in for warranty and they've sent a replacement unit looking just like yours. They changed the L-plug and container bag.

Mar 21, 2010 at 6:46 AM Post #17 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by zeromacro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Definitely not a pirate. I just sent my W3 in for warranty and they've sent a replacement unit looking just like yours. They changed the L-plug and container bag.

thanks, normally whats the reason for u guys to send your westone 3 back for warranty?

Jun 28, 2010 at 11:55 AM Post #19 of 31

sorry guys im paranoid haha.thanks guys!

hey guys im thinking of reshelling my w3 one or two years later.but, im not sure what do i need and where do i send my w3 for reshell tho.been reading threads around.and saw " fisher hearing". any other company?and i need to get the custom mould of my ears right?

Fisher is located in the USA and unique melody is in china both offer reshelling services. Fisher starts at $80 without return shipping I believe UM is $150 with return shipping included. You have to get ear impressions from an audiologist which can cost from $25 to $100. There are also diy kits which are between $15 and $25. Also you need to purchase a cable for the earphones as well from UE, Westone, Fisher or UM which can very in price. Once your impressions are made you need to ship them with the earphones and cable. Then within 1 to 3 months they will be complete and sent back to you. Length of time for reshelling can very widely depending on what you are having done.

Jun 28, 2010 at 12:00 PM Post #20 of 31
Does it have a wooden leg, an eye patch and a parrot on its shoulder?

Jun 28, 2010 at 1:11 PM Post #22 of 31
LOL @ David

To confirm they are real, more, I got mine sent in straight from Comply and they have that same jack.

Wildcard you stated 1 to 3 months... @_@ 3?! i would get impatient. I want mine to be done reshelling within 10-15 days as they stated on their site!

Jul 3, 2010 at 4:07 PM Post #23 of 31
what exactly would be the benefit of reshelling the 3s, with mine i get a perfect fit and dont think the sound can get any better on these, if your gonna buy a pair and are considering reshelling then why not just go for a custom pair in the first place considering you would spend the same if not more paying for reshelling then also a new cable.

Oct 4, 2010 at 4:38 PM Post #24 of 31
Hey whats up fellas. I just received my Westone 3's from Amazon. Been excited since I ordered it. But unfortunately, the paranoia bug also had hit me! I just want to make sure that my purchase wasn't a counterfeit. Well, I noticed on the bottom of my wesonte's box, right next to the barcode to the right, a "Made in China" sign can be found. I was wondering if Westone's were "indeed" made in China and the same print can be found on other boxes. 

Inside the box, I also have that little certificate with a date and signature on it, but for some reason I have two. I was found inside with the plastic bag with other tips and the other one with the manuals. Sound wise, I can't tell yet because I'm still trying to figure out the right tip for my comfort and listening preferences. 

Any answer would be helpful! Cheers! 
jecklinsmile.gif

Oct 4, 2010 at 5:00 PM Post #25 of 31

Quote:
Hey whats up fellas. I just received my Westone 3's from Amazon. Been excited since I ordered it. But unfortunately, the paranoia bug also had hit me! I just want to make sure that my purchase wasn't a counterfeit. Well, I noticed on the bottom of my wesonte's box, right next to the barcode to the right, a "Made in China" sign can be found. I was wondering if Westone's were "indeed" made in China and the same print can be found on other boxes. 

Inside the box, I also have that little certificate with a date and signature on it, but for some reason I have two. I was found inside with the plastic bag with other tips and the other one with the manuals. Sound wise, I can't tell yet because I'm still trying to figure out the right tip for my comfort and listening preferences. 

Any answer would be helpful! Cheers! 
jecklinsmile.gif

There haven't been any reports of fakes out there to my knowledge.  On the bottom of my Westone 2 and Westone 3 box there is only a barcode, but that's not to say they haven't changed the printing on the box (mine are older).  On the back of both boxes it clearly says Designed in Colorado, USA and Assembled in China.  Put your fears aside and enjoy them.  I prefer the Comply's or Shure olive tips over the silicon.

Oct 5, 2010 at 12:20 AM Post #27 of 31

Quote:
There haven't been any reports of fakes out there to my knowledge.  On the bottom of my Westone 2 and Westone 3 box there is only a barcode, but that's not to say they haven't changed the printing on the box (mine are older).  On the back of both boxes it clearly says Designed in Colorado, USA and Assembled in China.  Put your fears aside and enjoy them.  I prefer the Comply's or Shure olive tips over the silicon.

Ya, I have the same "Designed in Colorado...Assembled in China"  label at the back of the box by the lower right side. Now my mind is at peace! Oh and for the tips, I prefer the large Comply tips. Great isolation, and sounds great in my ears. I'm thoroughly enjoying these Westone 3's! My previous IEM's were Shure 115's and the Westone's are a definite upgrade from them. I'm so surprised by them that I can hear more minute details from songs that I thought I know pretty well. These are great phones!

Appreciate the help Joey! 
ksc75smile.gif

Oct 5, 2010 at 11:51 AM Post #30 of 31

Quote:
Ya, I have the same "Designed in Colorado...Assembled in China"  label at the back of the box by the lower right side. Now my mind is at peace! Oh and for the tips, I prefer the large Comply tips. Great isolation, and sounds great in my ears. I'm thoroughly enjoying these Westone 3's! My previous IEM's were Shure 115's and the Westone's are a definite upgrade from them. I'm so surprised by them that I can hear more minute details from songs that I thought I know pretty well. These are great phones!

Appreciate the help Joey! 
ksc75smile.gif

I couldn't agree more.. They are the best I've had the pleasure of hearing.  You're quite welcome.  I've actually been using the largest Comply's the last couple of nights on both my W2's and W3's. They isolate a little better than the rest and are quite comfy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back