Is my signature offensive?
Mar 19, 2004 at 9:56 AM Post #17 of 39
LOL, XX-whatever-XX (
redface.gif
), if you put that post in a sig I would have just thought it hilarious
tongue.gif

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Mar 19, 2004 at 12:16 PM Post #19 of 39
Quote:

Originally posted by KR...
I have Sigs turned off, so I don't care.
redface.gif
tongue.gif

I had them disabled for a long time too, but re-enabled them recently it's nice to see a more "whole" picture of what a Head-fier is like. Unfortunately though many sigs, I find, are far too long and obstructive (which is what prompted me to disable them in the first place). I think Head-Fi should implement a 5-line limit, or something.

Mar 19, 2004 at 3:55 PM Post #20 of 39
Quote:

Originally posted by Iron_Dreamer
Grr..now I am left wondering what all the fuss was about...
confused.gif

The nintendo line??

Mar 19, 2004 at 3:56 PM Post #21 of 39
Quote:

Originally posted by ServinginEcuador
I think it is now time to set the User CP to not show signatures. They only bog down my already slow internet connection, and I won't have to deal with anythign offensive like what used to be here. That way there's one less person here to think is complaining about signatures. (Which BTW, I didn't do in this case.)

I see nothing wrong with signatures.

If you can afford Stax, you can afford a decent ISP.

Mar 19, 2004 at 5:23 PM Post #22 of 39
Quote:

Originally posted by MD1032

I'm sure there's lots of choices for DSL and cable Internet access in Ecuador
rolleyes.gif
tongue.gif

Mar 19, 2004 at 6:24 PM Post #23 of 39
I think that's freakin hilarious, but not appropriate for the forum.

It would be appropriate for my forum, but I don't have a forum.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 19, 2004 at 6:48 PM Post #24 of 39
Quote:

Originally posted by MD1032

BroadBand rollout is a little slower and a LOT more expensive down here. It is also crippled in some way so that it never even comes close to its potential. In the US a cable modem will run from 250-1000KB/S. Here they would likely charge 3 times the cost and yet run the connection speed at about 48-96KB/S. The concept of providing the maximum amount of bandwidth here is not considered when they can charge the same amount whether they give 1000KB/S, or just 96KB/S. It is also cheaper in the long run to use broadband for those who access the internet a lot like I do. Why? For me it costs nearly 4 cents per minute to use the phone system here - no matter where I call. I have had a phone bill of over $160 just from internet use. I download a rather large amount of software updates and such each month, making it somewhat expensive for us. Thankfully we now have access thru the HCJB satellite at about 3-6KB/S right now, so we're happy. It gives us a little more speed, but elimiates the per minute fees they charge here.

Mar 19, 2004 at 8:00 PM Post #25 of 39
I like one liner sigs.

I personally find equipment listing sigs redundant. Unless you don't have anything listed in your profile.

And....uh....I think it was the "Like to meet QT" post at the end? LOL, that had me laughing at the last post in reponse to that post.

-Ed

Mar 20, 2004 at 5:22 AM Post #28 of 39
yeah but you have to admit that what you say about live music is a load of crap, i have a ton of great live recordings including one of the very radiohead concert that i was at in august of last year. and your signature is very long and annoying as well and i have never commented on it before, for the most part i don't even understand half of what's in it, not that i would take the time to look at however many links you've posted in it, i mean what the hell are transformers anyway, i think i remember them from when i was about ten years old, so i guess i'm dating myself with that revelation, but i surely hope you're not bragging about watching cartoons or playing with toys....

Mar 20, 2004 at 5:58 AM Post #30 of 39
now don't make me feel bad, you didn't have to do that. i'm just one of those people like kelly was, i tend to say what i think and sometimes it's taken a little bit too much to heart, put your sig back and be done with it, ignore what i said. but you could leave out the stuff about the live music because that was crap even though it's only your opinion, but i must scold you for that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back