Is monster turbine pro gold worth its price tag?
May 28, 2010 at 5:04 AM Post #17 of 28
monster white hybrid foam tips. For me they give me the most bass among all the tips and they don't sacrifice sound quality for isolation.

The normal silicon tips gives decent bass too but it makes everything sound thin, as compared to the white foam. 

May 28, 2010 at 5:44 AM Post #19 of 28
the newer batch has it together whereas the older batch doesn't have the hybrid foam tips. If you don't see any hybrid foam tips in your MTPG box than u have to look for a monster rep and get him/her to send it to you. You have to show your original receipt though.

May 28, 2010 at 8:07 AM Post #21 of 28
We have Monster distributors here, maybe we can request them to assist in having some shipped.

I hope the Golds I got is the newer batch and not the original so the Super Tips come with it already.

May 28, 2010 at 8:34 AM Post #23 of 28
Amazon.

May 28, 2010 at 12:54 PM Post #24 of 28

Quote:
i live in the philippines. i dont think there is any monster rep here

We do. Here you go:

Eleksis Marketing Corporation

237 Connecticut Street, Greenhills, Mandaluyong City
Mandaluyong, NCR

Tel: (632)724-9566
Fax: (632)724-0176

http://www.eleksis.com/

Jun 4, 2010 at 3:52 AM Post #25 of 28
Thanks for the opinions guys! i finally got my golds and they sound awesome with the gel supertips. Good quality bass neutral mids and smooth highs. Indeed very fun sounding. Build quality is top notch. these have burned in for about 40 hours and i noticed some improvements on bass. my life has changed...

Jun 4, 2010 at 11:42 AM Post #26 of 28
Dang, mine aren't due for a couple more days. I really can't wait to get mine. I want to do a solid comparison with the Vanilla Turbines and the IE8.

Jul 9, 2010 at 7:35 AM Post #28 of 28
Well, just an update. I have done some listening and have compared these heavily to the Vanilla, but not yet the IE8.

My basic thoughts are that the Golds sound very similar to the Vanilla Turbines, with some key differences. That means that they are bass heavy (but not the bassiest IEMs I've heard by a long shot), warm, with detailed mids and sparkly highs, but nothing overly analytical or revealing. They are generally syrupy or even chocolatey with the sounds not very well separated. 

However unlike the Vanilla, they are quite softer and more laidback, and are some of the best IEMs I have ever heard, possibly might be my favorite IEM actually. And of course the build quality is just so much better, particularly the cable. Whether it will last longer than the Vanilla is something to be seen.

The Vanilla generally has a harder sound. As if the sound were made of concrete. Has a strong edge. Much dryer sound, but thicker and more syrupy with less separation. The bass is the same amount, but the Vanilla's has more slam.

The Gold is generally softer, rounder and more euphonic sound. Creamier. The sound is not as thick and has a lot more air around it, and the soundstage is more 3D, but this is just a very subtle difference. The bass is about the same amount, but has less slam although it extends deeper. Overall warmer mids.

Was it a good upgrade over the Vanilla? Well yes! More to my liking. I wouldn't pay more than $250 for it though, I paid about $180 for it + shipping and charges. This was a great bargain at that price.

I hope to borrow a friend's IE8 to compare with these soon. But from memory I believe the IE8 has way more bass, but less detail and clarity in the mids. Also has larger and airier soundstage. But I'll hold off further comparisons until I can AB the two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back