Is it worth the upgrade UE 500vi
Jan 22, 2012 at 7:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

TyShawn

New Head-Fier
I currently have a pair of 500 vi's I got a second pair as a gift. Being i already had a pair I returned the second pair. Being I have the extra cash is it worth adding a bit of cash and upgrading and use my current pair as back up? I was looking at the UE 700's or the triple fi's. I listen to audiobook and hip hop/r and b. I am also open to other earbuds but not sure what to look at. 

Jan 22, 2012 at 7:50 PM Post #2 of 9
What's your specific price range?  And do you have a sound preference yourself.  I don't see the 700s being a fit for you, but the TF10s can be.  There are other IEMs to consider though like the TS02.

Jan 22, 2012 at 7:52 PM Post #3 of 9
The TF10 is definitely a worthy upgrade. Also depends on your price range.

Jan 22, 2012 at 8:48 PM Post #4 of 9
I saw the TF's on sale at Amazon for 162.00 that would be the top end. I prefer a balanced sound, but I don't want to loose my low end like some IE sets like to do. I will be using this set to work out in along with listening to music at my desk. 

Jan 23, 2012 at 12:05 AM Post #5 of 9

Quote:
I saw the TF's on sale at Amazon for 162.00 that would be the top end. I prefer a balanced sound, but I don't want to loose my low end like some IE sets like to do. I will be using this set to work out in along with listening to music at my desk. 

TF10s are not balanced...  However, different people perceive differently.  How balanced did you feel the 500s were? 

Jan 23, 2012 at 6:33 AM Post #6 of 9

Quote:
TF10s are not balanced...  However, different people perceive differently.  How balanced did you feel the 500s were? 

Good question I thought the lows were good, but in some cases got muddy. The mids were fine, but the highs seems to be an issue on this pair. The were there but not defined or clear.

Jan 23, 2012 at 10:43 AM Post #7 of 9

Quote:
Good question I thought the lows were good, but in some cases got muddy. The mids were fine, but the highs seems to be an issue on this pair. The were there but not defined or clear.

OK, so you did notice some imbalance :p  Brainwavz B2s are pretty balanced, however, bass can be a tad light for some people. 

Jan 23, 2012 at 10:01 PM Post #8 of 9
What is your take on the TS2's or the MS1's.  Whatever I buy I would want to hear a noticeable difference in quality, 
like I did when I moved to these from the Apple set that came with my IPhone. 

Jan 28, 2012 at 10:47 PM Post #9 of 9
Well another set of 500's have shorted out. So I am now debating between the triple fi or the Shure se 215, 315's. So I a, open to people's insight on these headsets. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back