Is it worth it to get a DAC/Headphone Amp for V-Moda Crossfade m100 headphones?
May 27, 2014 at 12:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

gahthatscute

New Head-Fier
First off I'd like to say that I'm new to this whole high fidelity audio thing, and I just bought these cans (I know that I'm sort of a basshead already). My phone (HTC M8) and Laptop (Asus N55JV) seem to produce good audio as they are when I use my headphones, but I just wanted to know if it would make a major difference in audio quality if I bought a dedicated DAC or if I'm good with my current equipment. In advance, thanks.

May 27, 2014 at 10:14 PM Post #2 of 3
You might notice some improved clarity with a DAC but it really depends on the files you're going to be using. I think you'll probably benefit from amplification before a DAC, even if they seem well powered already. Most headphones will perform better with an amp. If you find yourself still wanting more clarity after getting an amp, THEN buy a DAC to use with the rig.

The M8's internal DAC has been improved from the predecessor M7's. I saw them mention it in an article about the M8.

I'd recommend the Fiio E12 amp for the M100. I borrowed a pair off another headfier and paired it with my E12 and they effing rocked. The bass boost on the E12 is perfect, definitely something a basshead will appreciate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back