Is it worth it to get a DAC/Headphone Amp for V-Moda Crossfade m100 headphones?
post-10581734
Post #1 of 3

gahthatscute

New Head-Fier
Reaction score
First off I'd like to say that I'm new to this whole high fidelity audio thing, and I just bought these cans (I know that I'm sort of a basshead already). My phone (HTC M8) and Laptop (Asus N55JV) seem to produce good audio as they are when I use my headphones, but I just wanted to know if it would make a major difference in audio quality if I bought a dedicated DAC or if I'm good with my current equipment. In advance, thanks.

post-10584171
Post #2 of 3

PETEREK

Member of the Trade: ThePETEREK on Etsy
Previously known as cCasper TFG
Reaction score
You might notice some improved clarity with a DAC but it really depends on the files you're going to be using. I think you'll probably benefit from amplification before a DAC, even if they seem well powered already. Most headphones will perform better with an amp. If you find yourself still wanting more clarity after getting an amp, THEN buy a DAC to use with the rig.

The M8's internal DAC has been improved from the predecessor M7's. I saw them mention it in an article about the M8.

I'd recommend the Fiio E12 amp for the M100. I borrowed a pair off another headfier and paired it with my E12 and they effing rocked. The bass boost on the E12 is perfect, definitely something a basshead will appreciate.

post-10585853
Post #3 of 3

gahthatscute

New Head-Fier
Reaction score
Alright, thanks for the reccomendation. I'll definitely look into that now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)