Is it true that modded T50RP's (specifically LFF's Paradox mod) is comparable to high end headphones such as the LCD2?
Jun 13, 2012 at 8:09 PM Post #16 of 284
People fixate on price too often, and incorrectly assume that performance is directly related. I could easily live with the "mid-fi" AKG K702 or Stax SR-202 as an end-game rig.

Jun 13, 2012 at 8:27 PM Post #17 of 284
Happy to see these kind of modded headphones get the buzz they deserve. 

One would hope that competitively priced to performance headphones (modded ones for now) would help even out or bring down
the prices of some of the more expensive headphones. But that's just being optimistic. 

Jun 13, 2012 at 8:54 PM Post #21 of 284
deleted.

Jun 13, 2012 at 9:05 PM Post #23 of 284
The Paradox is certainly the most neutral phone I've heard.  Detail, timbre, and all that is incredible.  While I love the HE-500, I prefer the Paradox when it comes to neutrality & accuracy.  Particularly paired with the Objective 2 amp, it's a fantastic combo.  I liked the Paradox more than the LCD-2, as well.  I'd most definitely recommend the Paradox... I don't see it leaving my collection.. ever.

Jun 13, 2012 at 9:06 PM Post #24 of 284
Quote:
The LFF Paradox is the best ortho I've heard - it's really, really good.

Read some impressions of them from others, sounds like they have an extremely flat response compared to the other Orthos so pretty much entirely neutral (or almost). Too bad I like a bit of bass emphasis on my songs, but still really want to try one, are the Paradox for sale somewhere or anywhere? LFF??

Jun 13, 2012 at 9:08 PM Post #26 of 284
Quote:

Read some impressions of them from others, sounds like they have an extremely flat response compared to the other Orthos so pretty much entirely neutral (or almost). Too bad I like a bit of bass emphasis on my songs, but still really want to try one, are the Paradox for sale somewhere or anywhere? LFF??

Try mrspeakers Mad Dog mod for a less-er neutral response. 
biggrin.gif

Jun 13, 2012 at 10:43 PM Post #29 of 284
Quote:
Currently deciding between Shure SRH 940 and LFF Paradox, both have lots going for them after research...

I haven't heard the SRH 940, nor LFF's Paradox. I do have a pair of modded T50rps, and I have SRH 840s. To me it wouldn't be a decision at all, as to me they aren't in the same league.

The Paradox.

Jun 13, 2012 at 11:21 PM Post #30 of 284
Quote:
People fixate on price too often, and incorrectly assume that performance is directly related. I could easily live with the "mid-fi" AKG K702 or Stax SR-202 as an end-game rig.

I have a feeling the audiophile industry hinges on that. "It cost $10,000, so it must sound like the best thing ever, right? Right?"

Meanwhile, speaking of the SR-202...you'd think that being a newer Lambda model, it would sound much better than my vintage SR-Lambda setup, right? That didn't turn out to be the case, and I ended up reselling the SR-202 system instead because I liked the vintage Lambda's sound presentation and lower clamping force that much better. Audio hardware progression over the years isn't very straightforward, I guess, and the cheaper vintage setups may actually be the more preferred ones.

Anyway, back on topic. I have to admit, this is the first time I've ever heard of the Paradox mod for the T50RP, or the Mad Dog mod for that matter. All I knew about up to this point were the Thunderpants.

What I really want to know, though, is what the soundstage and imaging are like out of the T50RP variants. While I do want to strive for a neutral headphone, it's also important that I can easily pinpoint where sounds are coming from with the binaural surround technologies floating around out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back