Is it time for another south/central Ohio meet?
Jan 21, 2005 at 7:13 PM Post #31 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by acs236
biggrin.gif

By the way -- here is what I plan on bringing:
Amps: Gilmore v.1, PPA
Headphones: CD3000 Woody, RS-2, 595
Source: Modwright Sony DVP-NS775V

I can bring the following should anyone request:

Amps: Prehead, Bada PH-1, Go-Vibe, portable META42
Headphones: CD3000 (stock), HD650, AKG 501, MS-1

can you bring the 650's and the MS-1? i didn't get a chance to really sit down and listen to the 650's last time, and i would like to get the chance.

Jan 21, 2005 at 7:51 PM Post #34 of 80
I am likely going to be giving another head-fier a ride. With my small Ford ZX2 I wont have a lot of back seat space. What amp do you guys want to hear most; the mpx3 12 volt amp or the tube rectified supra 6cg7? I will probably bring my new music hall cd-25 with level 3 mods. But I might bring a sacdmods 555es instead. I have an electrifier outlet strip and I will bring some good power cords and a couple PS Audio ultimate outlets to save outlet space. I will also bring a pair of senn 650's and a spare set of interconnects or two. I am nearly 99% sure I can come.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 21, 2005 at 8:23 PM Post #35 of 80
i vote for the supra, given that Mikey01 has a MPX. Does the 12v version sound any different, in your opinion? I know there's a thread about it. I should just go read it.

Jan 21, 2005 at 8:24 PM Post #36 of 80
Just a teaser here. If I recieve it in time you guys will get to here a tube rectified 2A3 Moth as well as my new Denon 2910 source. On a sad note The Bada will not be with me as well as the HD25 which is gone. I honestly liked the HD25 as much as my MPX3. But the MPX3 has more horse power in watts so it stays. Sadly both were sold to fund the Moth. A note to SACDlover: bring the headphones I left at your place unless you are useing them or want to keep them, thats OK too. And the MPX3 12 volt sounds good for my vote. A comparison to my regular one would be good. Although a comparison could be made between the tube rectified amps for fun also.
biggrin.gif

Jan 21, 2005 at 8:45 PM Post #37 of 80
I am the person sacd lover is likely bringing. Hopefully I will be able to make it, but that depends on school and my work ethic.

As I mentioned earlier I will bring:
HD650, MS-2 and DT770
1 or 2 different Pimetas. Maybe a few other DIY amps. I am still waiting on PPA parts, so I am not sure if it will be finished.
I don't really have a source I can bring. My computer with E-MU 1212M isn't very easy to move and will take up too much space. If there is a computer available to temporarily install it into I can just bring the 1212M. The only other source I can provide is my Ipod Mini and it is a bit lacking in my opinion.

Will we have any extra sources at the meet?

I would like to hear the MS-1 if possible, but I will be happy with anything. I havent hear much stuff before.

Jan 21, 2005 at 8:59 PM Post #38 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikey01
Just a teaser here. If I recieve it in time you guys will get to here a tube rectified 2A3 Moth as well as my new Denon 2910 source. On a sad note The Bada will not be with me as well as the HD25 which is gone. I honestly liked the HD25 as much as my MPX3. But the MPX3 has more horse power in watts so it stays. Sadly both were sold to fund the Moth. A note to SACDlover: bring the headphones I left at your place unless you are useing them or want to keep them, thats OK too. And the MPX3 12 volt sounds good for my vote. A comparison to my regular one would be good. Although a comparison could be made between the tube rectified amps for fun also.
biggrin.gif

Do you have to rub it in that I just gave up that sweet amp. I hope you guys enjoy as much as I did.

Jan 21, 2005 at 9:36 PM Post #39 of 80
I might be able to make the drive over from Pittsburgh, I wont know until next friday for sure though. But assuming I can show up I'll bring the following:

Amps:

PPA
Melos SHA-1 Gold Reference (assuming its back from being upgraded/repaired)
Dynahi

Source:

Music Hall Maverick w/ level 1 mods

Headphones:

Screened Woody CD3K's with HP1000 drivers

Possibly Screened Woody CD3K's with K1000 drivers (this one is not likely it depends how soon the K1000 drivers show up and how fast larry can work
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Jan 22, 2005 at 12:38 AM Post #40 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by tkam
Screened Woody CD3K's with HP1000 drivers

Possibly Screened Woody CD3K's with K1000 drivers (this one is not likely it depends how soon the K1000 drivers show up and how fast larry can work
smily_headphones1.gif
)

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Cool!

Quote:

HD650, MS-2 and DT770

In that case, and also since sacdlover will be bringing 650s, mine will get left at home.

Jan 22, 2005 at 2:41 AM Post #41 of 80
V-Tek is coming also. I am looking forward to hearing the Senn.595's, 650's, Dynahi, and the PPA.
biggrin.gif
I pm'ed DigitalBill but have not heard from him.
biggrin.gif

Jan 22, 2005 at 3:00 AM Post #43 of 80
hmm, does anyone think they could swing by Clifton and pick me and a couple friends up? i don't have a car, one of my friend's van is broken down and won't get fixed in time, and my other friend who i was counting on as an alternate driver may not be able to make it.

Jan 22, 2005 at 3:01 AM Post #44 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalbill
Yes indeed, I can make it on the 29th. Delhi is my old stomping ground. I'll be bringing my X-Can V3/X-Ray V3 setup, the PS-1's, 325's and my portable SR-71/iPod rig.

i can't wait to hear the PS-1's again.

Jan 22, 2005 at 4:25 AM Post #45 of 80
I don't know if it is good or bad Dynahis are going to be at the meet. I have the boards and really want to build one, but they are a bit out of my price range. I am building the PPA in hopes it will hold me off for a while. I really want a balanced Dynahi though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back