Is it time for another south/central Ohio meet?
Jan 18, 2005 at 5:05 AM Post #2 of 80
YEAH BABY!
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif
eek.gif
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif
rolleyes.gif
cool.gif

Jan 18, 2005 at 6:39 AM Post #4 of 80
I go to school in youngstown, but on the weekends sometimes I go back home to steubenville. I don't have a car, but if I can convince a friend to go (or someone's going in the area), I would love to go. All I could provide is a rega ear and HD650's with stock cable, though. Hearing any electrostatic headphones or a high quality dac through my system would probably make me wet my pants
wink.gif
I'm RyuichiMK on AIM, if anybody around here has some fun stuff.

Jan 18, 2005 at 7:02 PM Post #5 of 80
Mikey01 could do it here in my home in the basement. It's just an old fashioned concrete wall basement with lots of storage shelving and loaded with junk but plenty of table space. I have folding chairs, folding tables and a pool table covered with a ping pong table to use. I would need extra outlet plug-in strips as outlet space is at a premium. I have a feroushus mid sized dog that will shed hair on you and lick you to death. No hitting on the women folk unless you are a doctor with marital intentions. We can send out for Pizza but 2 liter bottles of soft drink will be provided. We sit on a hilltop (in the "mountains" for thoes of you comming from mid-western flatland corn fields). You can sit in the back yard under the palm trees and bask in the warm sunlight. Or as a short side visit you can tour downtown Delhi and see "BigLots". Or even cruse down the hill to play in the sandy beaches of the Ohio river (not responsible for cancer causing agents). More details as things unfold.
rolleyes.gif
icon10.gif

Jan 18, 2005 at 7:53 PM Post #6 of 80
Wow, I guess it is a time for another meet. Sorry I missed the last one, but I am definitely up for this meeting. I guess it is time to check out Mikey's MPX3. BTW acs236, when did you get Woodie CD3K, PPA and V1?
biggrin.gif
I didn't get around to buy new toys for past couple of months.

Jan 18, 2005 at 8:06 PM Post #7 of 80
That sounds good to me, Mikey01.

And yes, the Woodys have arrived (see avatar -- I got them a few weeks ago). I have a JMT PPA (from a few months back) and a Gilmore v1 (for several months now) that are new since last time. What else -- oh, the Senn 595. I think that's it. Well, I picked up a pair of RS-2s, but you have those anyway.

Jan 18, 2005 at 8:44 PM Post #8 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by acs236
That sounds good to me, Mikey01.

And yes, the Woodys have arrived (see avatar -- I got them a few weeks ago). I have a JMT PPA (from a few months back) and a Gilmore v1 (for several months now) that are new since last time. What else -- oh, the Senn 595. I think that's it. Well, I picked up a pair of RS-2s, but you have those anyway.

Wow, I've always wanted to try out PPA! May be we can have W1000 vs. CD3K vs Woodie CD3K comparison during this meet.

Jan 19, 2005 at 2:57 AM Post #10 of 80
The 29th is a good day for me but open for thoughts. It must be a Saturday and no sooner than the 29th of Jan. 9am to 6pm. Also bring your cables, interconnects, power cords, and sources. All Race, Creeds, Extraterestrials, and even "Bose lovers" are welcome. Please park any space ships in the back yard as you would be ticketed if you park on the street. Come even if you don't have equiptment, but bring a character reference and police backround report. I will remove the “Quarter a Flush” box from the toilet for this meet as well as the “Nickel for Six Sheets” of toilet paper, dish. I would rather you donate all loose change (ie: twenties and fifties) to a very favorite charity of mine. Credit cards also graciously accepted. You will notice the collection (former) large coffee cans at all enterences and exits. They are white with large red lettering reading “Mikey needs a new set of Qualia headphones Charity”. Please do not feed the dog as I am tired of hearing about your finger looses. Any high end audio gear left behind will be returned to you promptly….Yeah, right. Hope to see you all there.
280smile.gif
eggosmile.gif
lambda.gif

Jan 19, 2005 at 3:05 AM Post #11 of 80
And don't forget to take some BEANO ahead of time.
rolleyes.gif

Jan 19, 2005 at 4:38 AM Post #12 of 80
This being an "International Meet", I figured I would make arrangements with my good friend and general manager (Buba) of the lovely (and reciently renovated in 1972) "Downtown Delhi Travel Lodge". He has set aside the complete entire east wing of the complex, otherwise known as room #2, for the meets guests that will be staying over night. How graceous of him. I was so overwhelmed with this that I told him to stop by the meet and he would not have to pay the enterence fee or the rent for any table space used for his equiptment.
biggrin.gif

Jan 19, 2005 at 6:44 AM Post #13 of 80
If anyone from the Columbus area is going and could give me a ride that would be great. I live near the OSU campus.

I could bring my HD650, MS-2, DT770 and a Pimeta. If I get it built up in time I will have a PPA with Steps. Should also have a DIY cable for the HD650. Maybe some other stuff too.

Jan 19, 2005 at 8:36 AM Post #14 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikey01
Mikey01 could do it here in my home in the basement. It's just an old fashioned concrete wall basement with lots of storage shelving and loaded with junk but plenty of table space. I have folding chairs, folding tables and a pool table covered with a ping pong table to use. I would need extra outlet plug-in strips as outlet space is at a premium. I have a feroushus mid sized dog that will shed hair on you and lick you to death. No hitting on the women folk unless you are a doctor with marital intentions. We can send out for Pizza but 2 liter bottles of soft drink will be provided. We sit on a hilltop (in the "mountains" for thoes of you comming from mid-western flatland corn fields). You can sit in the back yard under the palm trees and bask in the warm sunlight. Or as a short side visit you can tour downtown Delhi and see "BigLots". Or even cruse down the hill to play in the sandy beaches of the Ohio river (not responsible for cancer causing agents). More details as things unfold.
rolleyes.gif
icon10.gif

You're making me feel homesick, man.
tongue.gif

I won't be able to make it to this meet, but maybe late February or in the Spring I'll be in town.

-Ed

Jan 19, 2005 at 11:26 PM Post #15 of 80
I'd love to come if I'd be welcome (from Canada) but the only issue is that the Chicago meet is happening on the 29th. If you went for the next saturday (or maybe the one after that) I'm sure that you might also snag a few detroiters (and MAYBE a couple folks from chicago, but I don't know).

I'd be able to bring a good entry level PC source, a couple power strips, a Pimeta with AD627/637, probably HD580's and sony CD-1700's.

I'll be watching this thread and hoping that maybe it could be moved to some other weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back