is it possible to easily use LEDs to indicate for a selector switch
Jul 2, 2008 at 6:47 PM Post #31 of 34
fair enough douglas, but i think by all means im qualified for something a little more than simply purchasing a wallwart and sticking it in there, let alone batteries - i wouldnt dream of using something so short term and simplified. I could easily put together a sigma11 or tread or whatever external power supply would be appropriate, its moreso just the question of what power requirements I'd have, although I imagine they are so small its negligible. I dont see how buying wall-warts would be ANY easier than doing what AMB outlined above - since it seems like the e22 backplane already pretty much has all these features incorporated. I believe it already "siphens" off appropriate LED power (is what AMB was mentioning) so that there is no need for an additional power supply for the LEDs, it'd simply be routed from the sigma22.

Jul 2, 2008 at 7:16 PM Post #32 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by el_matt0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the sideways triangles are LEDs right?

Yes.

Quote:

Does the line on the right side of the triangle represent which direction the negative lead goes? I basically just need to "split" that LED output "1" on the e22 to the 3 negative leads of the LEDs, then the common connection from that pole of the switch would connect to the "2" on the e22. Is it as simple as that???

Yes. Google "LED symbol" (positive = anode, negative = cathode).

Jul 2, 2008 at 8:17 PM Post #33 of 34
Actually, this whole time I was under the impression you were making a passive switchbox and you never told me otherwise after I mentioned passive switchboxes. My suggestion was in place under that assumption for saving space. Now I know you're simply adding a selector switch to an amplifier which you already have a psu for. In that case, use the PSU.

Jul 2, 2008 at 8:38 PM Post #34 of 34
Thanks everyone, and sorry for being unclear at times - I know everyone was just trying to help me out in understanding what I'm trying to do here
tongue.gif
! Again, thanks to everyone who helped me out, it paid off seeing as I'm all squared up and I'm 99% sure I think I know what I'm doing now
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back