is it possible? to add a audio to audio i/o on the sennheiser HD 380 pro?
May 25, 2011 at 9:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

aznx2high

New Head-Fier
Hi guys,

i am new to this so please don't rip on me but i have a question, is it possible? to add a audio to audio i/o on the sennheiser HD 380 pro? why am i asking this? well i don't really like that its does not have a inter changeable audio able but i am fine that it CAN be replaced. also I'm not a fan of coiled cables so i would like to know if there were any cables that are straight and compatible with the HD 380 pro. i have searched the web and i couldn't fine any that grantee that it was compatible.

so i would like your input on this, please and thank you.

May 26, 2011 at 10:28 AM Post #2 of 12
"is it possible? to add a audio to audio i/o on the sennheiser HD 380 pro?"

Err.. I am really not sure what you're asking?
Audio I/O == DA AD converter? and you want that in your HD 380? what?

Jun 3, 2011 at 9:28 PM Post #5 of 12
No, that's like asking does a headphone plug lower sound quality? Does it?

Quote:
yeah like that but can you mod it for my hd 380 pro, also does this lower the quality of sound/music at all?

Jun 4, 2011 at 12:16 AM Post #8 of 12
not sure if I understand but you want to make a regular headphone into a detachable cord headphone, right?

i did it with the Sony V6 
d1b5f8d7_IMG_0287.JPG

it had a very long and coiled cord that i didnt liked.

you need to open up the headphone, cut the cord and solder a 3.5 stereo jack, then you will be able to use any 3.5 mm stereo cable estension

Jun 7, 2011 at 1:12 PM Post #9 of 12
cool thanks guys! but one last thing anyone knows a good a reliable brand i should by from? and from which online retailer? also i don't think it matters but is there like a specific one (3.5 audio jack) i need for my head phones?

Jun 8, 2011 at 11:29 AM Post #10 of 12
I buy the DYI stuff in Markertek, never had a problem and they have quite a large inventory, as for the jack something like this would work, I have had experiences with this one, but if the cups are thick it wont be abble to stick out enough as to conect the plug in it. they have more tho, you should look around first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back