Is it possible for headphones to indent your skull...
Jun 18, 2010 at 9:48 PM Post #62 of 76

Quote:
I wonder, can in-ears cause the skin on the ear canal to toughen? Same with on-ears that have a lot of pressure. My pfr-v1 makes the entrance of my ear canal numb from its ducts. Sigh, if not for that it'd be the most comfortable headphones ever. All headphones should adopt Sony's metal bands+nylon mesh, should be law :p.

There's no reason for the skin not to toughen or thicken with repeated irritation from a device in the ear.  It just depends on how much irritation is occurring.

May 12, 2014 at 12:38 AM Post #63 of 76
I dunno if I should be posting this here. I've had my Ultrasone HFI-780 just about a year now (give or take a week or two), thanks to this site recommending to me, and just recently have noticed that my skull has like an 'indent', probably where the suture is. Only noticed a while ago - maybe 1-3 months ago - and thought I've always had it.

Just today I realized that the top 'band' part of my headphones was placed perfectly into this 'indent'.

I use my headphones quite a lot, have it on for extended periods and I was thinking maybe people at this forum do so as well. I don't think my headphones were ever placed on too tight. Is it possible that after using it for so long this happened? My parents can't remember if I've always had it and its not noticeable in any pictures past or present. I'm sort of worried.

May 12, 2014 at 12:40 AM Post #64 of 76
I have the same thing I first noticed it after I got my Beyerdynamic dt 860's and I just got some Ultrasone dj1's and I don't remember having it before I'm 14 so I assume this shouldn't happen but it feels like these two headphones put a lot of pressure in that region I also wear headphones a lot

May 12, 2014 at 9:28 AM Post #65 of 76
LOL. That's just too funny to pass up commenting on. How could the soft, albeit constant pressure of headphones deform your skull, that is, believe me, pretty thick and hard? It doesn't even seem logical to me. And on top of it, indenting it without even you feeling pain? I don't think so.

May 12, 2014 at 11:53 AM Post #66 of 76
I would suggest not putting your headphones on your infant child for extended listening sessions as that could affect the proper development of their skull, otherwise I think your good to go.

I went to school with 'Downtown' Tony Brown and with a close haircut it looked like he got hit in the head with a shovel because his parents put him the same sleeping position as a baby and his skull developed a flat spot.

Jul 6, 2014 at 11:15 PM Post #69 of 76
It's only the skin. I have an indentation on my temples made by my eyeglasses' frames, as I never take them off save for when I sleep, bathe, or play contact sports. Larger frames only benefit me for reading a they're usually larger downwards, which doesn't fix the fact that I have the most un-Indo-European nose. Frames that are larger above the earpiece just feel too dorky for me, unless I can at least repair it with a single word ("reparo!"), but then again I might be living under the stairs.

Apr 2, 2016 at 7:17 PM Post #71 of 76
i have the same thing i have been waring headphone's from my 9/10 years old since then i have been a highly gamer and wear them almost everyday i em 14 now and when i put my finger on my head and slide it over i can feel that it goes down and then back up it fits completly as my headphon's i have been reading stuff that it is like your flech my it feels so deep  the dent so does that meen that the headphon's have growen into my skull i em realy afraid and ifso can i trun this back wil it ever go away 
confused_face_2.gif
frown.gif

Apr 3, 2016 at 1:01 AM Post #74 of 76
  These might do it!

"Headphones, back then, were basically just misunderstood technology. The aliens, having piloted spacecraft, were wearing headphones much like aircraft pilots on earth today, in our present time, but when our ancestors saw their headshapes and the headphones, they misunderstood what they were for and the relationship between the design. The headphones didn't indent their skulls, the headphones were shaped to fit the aliens' skulls. Our ancestors however thought process however was to imitate these superior beings, both their magical sound devices as well as their skull shape."

-Ancient Aliens, Season 07, Episode 01, Aliens and Mysterious Audio Devices

Jul 1, 2016 at 12:54 AM Post #75 of 76
Yes they can and no they do not have to be shot from cannon I am going through this right now with my razor 7.1 surround sound head set noticed it about week ago
the indent stats in on one side and ends on other each one of the pads that stick out fits perfectly and I know this was not there before Cause I have always keep my hair short  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back