Is it just my imagination...
Jun 4, 2013 at 1:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

Steve Eddy

Member of the Trade: The Audio Guild
Aka: TempAccount555
...or did this forum recently get dropped down below the equipment forums?

Seems a bit ironic for "Summit-Fi" to be moved to the bottom of the heap.

se

Jun 4, 2013 at 7:53 PM Post #7 of 27
Not your imagination. The problem was tons of new members posting threads in here when they were too lazy to select the correct forum. Instead, there will be a "New Member" forum at the top, once I have a solid hour free to create it, change the welcome message and make sure I haven't broken anything. That will keep all the repetitive stuff in one place and the "Equipment" forums more focussed, especially this forum.

The Meets' forums have been moved up too. Music will be moved up as well.

Jun 4, 2013 at 10:30 PM Post #8 of 27
Ah, ok.

Once you've got the New Member forum in place, can you put Summit-Fi between it and the equipment forums, i.e. New Member/Summit-Fi/Equipment?

se

Jun 5, 2013 at 2:53 AM Post #9 of 27
Quote:
Ah, ok.

Once you've got the New Member forum in place, can you put Summit-Fi between it and the equipment forums, i.e. New Member/Summit-Fi/Equipment?

se

I can, but it'll make more work for us moving threads that shouldn't be in here. Maybe it's because I'm more practical-minded in how I think that I'm doing this. Are there many people attached to the idea of Summit-Fi being at the top (even though it makes Summit-Fi worse off)?

The other forums that I think should move up, such as Meets (and Music and DIY, which haven't been done yet) is because I think they should get more focus than they are currently. Music especially. 

Jun 5, 2013 at 3:05 AM Post #10 of 27
well i would think summit fi should be at the bottom so the newcomers can easily see the new comer forum at the top and they dont post repetitive things in the wrong forum... i dont know, thats just my logic... 

Jun 5, 2013 at 6:56 AM Post #11 of 27
I get that summit fi would be at the bottom as for many it is the final frontier here at HF. I bet that for many the journey does not being here. Couple of steps down the rabbit hole, before you hear the Summit. 

Jun 5, 2013 at 7:10 AM Post #12 of 27
I think Summit-Fi should be buried down about 5 sub-menu's deep so that only us tragics will bother to come here.

Jun 5, 2013 at 8:27 AM Post #14 of 27
Quote:
Ah, ok.

se

It belongs in the equipment subforums.  What makes you think it belongs above it.

I'm reading down the list of topics on 'summit-fi' right now:

abyss planar magnetic headphones
sennheiser hd800
who has an end game setup?
lcd3/hd800 amp
fostex th900
stax thread
the 'new' hd800 thread
sennheiser hdvd800
audeze lcd3
king sound electrostatics
yada yada yada...

yup, that's all equipment.

Jun 5, 2013 at 8:46 AM Post #15 of 27
I don't mind it being down here now instead of near the top. The way I see it it's just a bit more scrolling and also gets people to get to the other stuff before getting to this forum so makes it harder to get here..similar to how it is to reach here with your gear as well
Quote:
I think Summit-Fi should be buried down about 5 sub-menu's deep so that only us tragics will bother to come here.

LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back