Is Grado 325 and Alessandro M2 are made by same company and have 100% same sound ?
Aug 8, 2008 at 5:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

luoo1984

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, everyone, this is my first post.

Now, I want to buy a headphone to listen music. I have try the HD650, AKG K701 and ATH-W5000. But I dont like those headphone. So, my friend suggest me the Grdao.

My classmate told me Grado 325 and Alessandro M2 are same. But other people said those two headphone are totol different sound quality and behavior..

Anyone who have listened both those two headphone please give me a answer about this two headphone ,are they 100% same ?

Thank you...

Aug 8, 2008 at 5:59 PM Post #3 of 10
Quote:

The Alessandro MS2 is a tweaked version of the Grado SR325.

To OP: But please don't think Alessandro is Better than Grado. They're just different.

Aug 8, 2008 at 6:10 PM Post #4 of 10
I really like my Grado SR-325i's and can wholeheartedly recommend them.
Alas I've not heard the Allessandro M2 and someday I hope that I get the opportunity to do so.

The 325i's appeal to me with their immediacy and sheer detail. I don't find them fatiguing, but then I rarely listen to more than one or two cd's at a time. For my ears, the 325i's sound terrific and are hands down better than my AKG 271S and Sennheiser 595 cans. But each has its virtues and application in my sonic world.

Anyway, I don't think that you'd go wrong with the 325i's.

Hope this helps a little bit.

Aug 8, 2008 at 6:12 PM Post #5 of 10
There is an interview in this forum with John Grado. In this interview he explains that he manufactures the Alessandro headphone based on the specifications submitted to him by Alessandro. They are good freinds. I myself find the Allesandros just a tad bit warmer than the Grado line.

Aug 8, 2008 at 6:18 PM Post #6 of 10
Also important to you -- the Alessandro headphones are the same price shipped around the world, whereas you'll pay a hefty fee for the Grados in the UK. Pound for pound, the Alessandros are a better deal anywhere in the commonwealth.

We could give you some better recommendations if you could tell us what you don't like about the three headphones you've tried so far, and what other equipment you're using (i.e. everything you're plugging the headphone into, starting at the electrical plug).

Aug 8, 2008 at 6:28 PM Post #7 of 10
The statements by ronnielee54, and Sherwood are correct.
The treble of the Alessandro is attenuated ever so slightly - so it's a matter of taste in what YOUR ears portray.
You can subvert the normally additional cost of UK purchase of Grado by buying used from a US seller on the F.S. portion of the forum here. I own 3 Grado (2x John Grado 'phones, and 1x Joe Grado HP-2), and all were purchased on the F.S. portion of Head-Fi.
If YOUR music is Rock, Pop, or Instrumental Jazz -Grado is an excellent way to go. Personally, the 3 models you've already tried are not amongst my faves. Other than Grado derived, I'm a Beyer guy, and listen to Jazz, Classical (meaning symphonies, and Opera), and golden age Broadway.

Apr 17, 2019 at 1:51 AM Post #8 of 10
[QUOTE = "luoo1984, post: 4581583, membro: 70359"] Ciao a tutti, questo è il mio primo post.

Ora, voglio comprare una cuffia per ascoltare musica. Ho provato l'HD650, AKG K701 e ATH-W5000. Ma non mi piacciono quelle cuffie. Quindi, il mio amico mi suggerisce il Grdao.

Il mio compagno di classe mi ha detto che Grado 325 e Alessandro M2 sono uguali. Ma altre persone hanno detto che quelle due cuffie sono totalmente diverse per qualità e comportamento del suono.

Chiunque abbia ascoltato entrambe le cuffie, per favore, mi dia una risposta riguardo a queste due cuffie, sono uguali al 100%?

Grazie ... [/ QUOTE]
Se non ti piaciono le cucuffie che hai elencato mi vien paura che non ti piacciano nemmeno le Grado. Vai sulle Hifman

Apr 17, 2019 at 2:08 AM Post #10 of 10
Non rispondere ai post antichi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back