Is ER-4P worth it
May 21, 2003 at 11:07 PM Post #47 of 56
I made a decision, and I am pretty happy with the results. I decided to go with Shure E1c, know that they are not as good as the ety's but I did not have the money to buy them. For a 100$ less, I fell I got a good deal, I am pleased with the sound and they isolate as good as the ety's because I am using the Triple Flange Sleeves. I plan on posting a review of these down the road after I properly break them in. I just felt that the price of the etys was just a little too much money. Thanks guys for your help, it just seems like it wasn't meant to be

May 24, 2003 at 10:35 PM Post #48 of 56
A friend of mine just got his er-4p last week and I had a chance to test it. It does seem to have a decent bass and treble with clarity but I personally think performance is not par with Shure e5. It seems less dynamic and did not yield open 3-dimensional sound which e5 posses.

May 25, 2003 at 4:09 AM Post #49 of 56
Quote:

A friend of mine just got his er-4p last week and I had a chance to test it. It does seem to have a decent bass and treble with clarity but I personally think performance is not par with Shure e5. It seems less dynamic and did not yield open 3-dimensional sound which e5 posses.

That's what I found out with ER4 too. Their soundstage is very recording dependent whereas their tonality is rather forgiving of bad recordings. Unfortunately I found that most of modern pop music recordings I listen to are rather void of any spatial information through Etys whereas old jazz/blue recordings, etc fair much better. That's why I like using Dolby Headphones and Yamaha virtualizers with Etys. They do wonders with Etys to my ears. I must add that Etys also work extremely well with binaural recordings. If somebody actually release a good binaural live album....whoa...

As for "dynamic," I always suspect most people use the word in the opposite meaning of what it actually means. i.e. most people will think ER4P is more "dynamic" than ER4S.

Jun 1, 2003 at 6:16 AM Post #50 of 56
Quote:

Originally posted by Sentral Dogma

soundstage? the music is centered at a point about the size of an electron in the middle of your head.

no bass impact. please don't bring up the "they have lots of bass. it goes all the way down to 20hz and beyond" argument. they don't have impact . period. bass equilizer helps this, but that makes my eardrums hurt even more.

I found that comment about the size of the sound stage around an elctron to be quite funny, I was laughing very hard
tongue.gif
You have a point about the bass but its not supposed ot have impact its supposed to be heard.

Jun 1, 2003 at 6:37 AM Post #51 of 56
i saw a guy on the subway once with a pair of 4p's. i wear ety's on the subway everyday, so if you see a really short guy on the 7 train with etys, it's probably me.

Jun 1, 2003 at 7:28 AM Post #53 of 56
Quote:

Originally posted by Uncledan
acutally, Ety 4p looks like a $10 earphone.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

That's one thing I love about them. Very stealth. Means a lot to me on the NYC Subway.

Jun 1, 2003 at 11:28 AM Post #54 of 56
To me.. the etys er-4p certainly justify their price.
But I would expect much better quality cables(no microphonic) from ety.. afterall.. we are paying a premium.
Other than that, for sound quality, they are worth it.
The detail and imaging to me is very precise and accurate

Jun 1, 2003 at 6:18 PM Post #56 of 56
I would definately buy them if the whole in ear thing doesnt bother you. Some people can take it others cant. Anyways get it from headroom so if you dont like them you can return them.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back