Is ER-4P worth it
May 8, 2003 at 11:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 56

king896

100+ Head-Fier
Ok here is my problem, I recently returned a pair of Shure E2C phones this week, and got a full refund of 100$, I am also selling my Sharp Mt770 MD player for 160$, so now I have enough money to buy a pair of the ER-4P phones, but I was thinking that I could probably get for the same amount of money or a little more, a pair of Shure E1C, and a pair of Audio-Technica ATH-A900 phones. I really need some help with making this decision, because it is killing me that this might be the only chance for me to get the Er-4Ps.

I would use either the E1C, or Er4-Ps while traveling on the subway in New York to school everyday. My source is the Nomad Jukebox 3, so I should have no problems driving either one of them, but I do plan on buying an amp down the road. Your guys help would be great

Thanks

May 8, 2003 at 11:29 PM Post #2 of 56
I had the NJB3 before, and the ER4Ps are awesome with them.

Actually, the ER4Ps are awesome with just about anything.
tongue.gif

May 9, 2003 at 1:55 AM Post #5 of 56
The ER4P is definitely worth it. Plus, get them from Headroom so that if you happen to be one of the unlucky few who don't care for them and/or can't get a good fit, you can return them easily.

May 9, 2003 at 1:57 AM Post #6 of 56
I'd do what radrd suggested. Although Sage Arts sells them for cheaper. Headroom has a good return policy just incase you don't like them.

May 9, 2003 at 3:17 AM Post #7 of 56
Yes. No doubt about it.

May 9, 2003 at 3:38 AM Post #8 of 56
its nice to have different headphones for different uses but once you hear the er4 its hard to be satisfied with anything else regardless of where you use them.
these are my reference standard.

May 9, 2003 at 6:53 AM Post #9 of 56
Some cans only do well on certain genres of music, but I honestly think (IMO) the Ety's, out of at least all my other cans, are best at taking on any types of music. So to answer you question, "are they worth it," YYYYYYYEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
biggrin.gif
You will never be as amazed as you will be with the Ety's ever again
frown.gif

May 9, 2003 at 7:07 AM Post #10 of 56
I'd say so. They sound good with every kind of music and all kinds of equipment, block out noise, and are easy to carry.

of course, you stick them in your ear, but aside from that there's not a single thing wrong with them

May 9, 2003 at 8:24 AM Post #11 of 56
you should wait the new Etys ER-4P with short cord....but it's about 6-8 month, maybe more before release, as far as know

so if you cannot wait, go for it, you will not be disappointed, and you could always send it back for a remplacement for few dollars.

smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

GO! NOW!
biggrin.gif

May 9, 2003 at 8:42 AM Post #12 of 56
Quote:

Originally posted by Omega
for few dollars.

Fifty bucks + shipping both ways, actually.
wink.gif

To me that's not exactly "a few dollars"...
tongue.gif
hopefully one day it will be... and then i'll have all the headphones I want... umhaha!! world domination!! muhahahahaha!! HAHAHA!! HAR HAR!!!

sorry. i just had four cans of redbull to keep me studying for my exam in six hours. But look what I'm doing...
tongue.gif

May 9, 2003 at 8:48 AM Post #13 of 56
4 cans of redbull. You must really be high on life!
biggrin.gif

May 9, 2003 at 11:42 AM Post #14 of 56
Quote:

Originally posted by doobooloo
To me that's not exactly "a few dollars"...
tongue.gif
hopefully one day it will be... and then i'll have all the headphones I want... umhaha!! world domination!! muhahahahaha!! HAHAHA!! HAR HAR!!!

biggrin.gif

one more thing...i use Ety-4 only where nobody could speak to me, because they isolate almost completely external sound.

so in bed, train, plane it's ok, but in subway (IMO) i think they not suit very well, you are disconnected of the rest of the world, it may be annoying because so many people are around you, plus i don't like to show everybody my ring CJB3+Etys...it's a bit overkill when you see their diskman players at 50$

of course, lyon's subway France is maybe a bit different to NY's

biggrin.gif

Etys are not the very best if you walk...not only it's dangerous, but cause the microphonic noise.

consider purchase Etys only if you want the best sound in ideal condition of listening, beeing completely aware of music, and not bothered by surround situation.

May 9, 2003 at 12:14 PM Post #15 of 56
When I was living in New York I used the Ety-4S +META42 with a PCDP on the subway to work and back everyday. I think think Etys were perfect for that situation. I have no doubt that the JB3 + the 4Ps would be great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back