Is burn in real or placebo?
Jan 15, 2014 at 8:29 AM Post #377 of 897
You need help because you murder harmless bits and bytes for no obvious reason...

The wise programmer is told about Tao and follows it. The average programmer is told about Tao and searches for it. The foolish programmer is told about Tao and laughs at it.

- Book one, the Tao of Programming.

Jan 15, 2014 at 12:12 PM Post #380 of 897

Jan 16, 2014 at 5:42 AM Post #381 of 897

In that case the question is, how do we know he spoke?

I only said, there were no women around to hear him.
I didn't mention men. All men around him, would have known he spoke.

When one man speaks to another man, he listens.
When a woman speaks to a man, listening may be the last thing he does.

Jan 16, 2014 at 8:00 AM Post #382 of 897
I only said, there were no women around to hear him.
I didn't mention men. All men around him, would have known he spoke.

When one man speaks to another man, he listens.
When a woman speaks to a man, listening may be the last thing he does.

And how does this relate to burn-in?

Jan 16, 2014 at 9:57 AM Post #383 of 897

obviously the man is the headphone drivers & the forest is the headphones... and the women is the listener! =P

Jan 17, 2014 at 4:37 AM Post #384 of 897
+1 vote for real. My LCD2's are noticeably better after a few days. This was noticeable for my girlfriend who has only used them three times and has commented on them sounding clearer.

Jan 17, 2014 at 5:28 AM Post #385 of 897

Well my friend, if your ears have not been burned in by a woman, then I congratulate you.

Jan 17, 2014 at 7:08 AM Post #386 of 897
Feb 2, 2014 at 6:10 AM Post #387 of 897
Any "warming up" reveals weak places (wear) in a loudspeaker design. The sound changes towards increase in a bass (all consequences connected with it) and dimensions of sounding. But also I often notice such feature as "fatigue" of a material after 5 and above hours of continuous listening. After that it is desirable for have a rest earphones. I didn't forget as ears are tired. All this I checked aurally, so this my subjective opinion. Who has an equipment to make exact indications you can check - so it or not.

Feb 2, 2014 at 8:47 AM Post #388 of 897
  Any "warming up" reveals weak places (wear) in a loudspeaker design. The sound changes towards increase in a bass (all consequences connected with it) and dimensions of sounding. But also I often notice such feature as "fatigue" of a material after 5 and above hours of continuous listening. After that it is desirable for have a rest earphones. I didn't forget as ears are tired. All this I checked aurally, so this my subjective opinion. Who has an equipment to make exact indications you can check - so it or not.

I have noticed something like that a few times, but the other way around ^_^.
like I felt that my pico slim sounded better after say 20minutes, than right after I turned it ON. I though it might have to do with the temperature of certain components or be in my head and left it at that.

Feb 2, 2014 at 10:36 AM Post #389 of 897

I have noticed something like that a few times, but the other way around ^_^.
like I felt that my pico slim sounded better after say 20minutes, than right after I turned it ON. I though it might have to do with the temperature of certain components or be in my head and left it at that.

Difficult with the translation. You mean that high frequencies increased?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back