is britney really coming back?
Sep 2, 2008 at 2:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

neverover

New Head-Fier
what do you think, guys? shes looking sober now. and shes getting poor for all of the chaotic stuff happen last year, so shes gotta work. do u really think shes gonna sell records succesfully now? her last album is so underrated. its waaaay better than any pop album released that time. its waaay better than madonna, justin, nelly, and timbalands album.

Sep 2, 2008 at 2:14 AM Post #2 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by neverover /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what do you think, guys? shes looking sober now. and shes getting poor for all of the chaotic stuff happen last year, so shes gotta work. do u really think shes gonna sell records succesfully now? her last album is so underrated. its waaaay better than any pop album released that time. its waaay better than madonna, justin, nelly, and timbalands album.

Briney Spears is completely devoid of anything that could be mistaken for musical talent.

Sep 2, 2008 at 2:21 AM Post #4 of 30
but lets not forget her debut. she was one of the most hardworking girl in the business. 25mil copy for debut? thats hard to top. maybe she can bring her old self once again.

Sep 2, 2008 at 2:23 AM Post #5 of 30
Hope not, and not...forever....
wink.gif

Sep 2, 2008 at 2:34 AM Post #6 of 30
Quote:

eek.gif
I am still waiting for the punch line!

Sep 2, 2008 at 2:39 AM Post #7 of 30
Quote:

That's a testimony of not how good her album is, but how bad the current state of pop music is.

Sep 2, 2008 at 3:03 AM Post #10 of 30
If she comes back, I will continue to avoid her music like the plague. Its nothing but trash backed up by a crazy fan base consisting of girls who hate their own bodies and boys who just discovered girls and want to oggle another. (though now she's got more of a Ms. O'Conner kind of look going anyway; bye bye half of fan base.)

Sep 2, 2008 at 4:13 AM Post #11 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by FalconP /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Let's face it: Ms Spears, in the state she is now, is a high-risk investment for any record label.

If she has anything of merit, there's always the internet. Then make profit from shows, becoming a tour, then going back to business as a tool for her mother to live out fantasies with.

The musical talent, if any, generally lies with the producer. The performer is usually a puppet with a voice that can work a stage alright.
Quote:

but lets not forget her debut. she was one of the most hardworking girl in the business. 25mil copy for debut? thats hard to top. maybe she can bring her old self once again.

Hard to top, yes. Even harder when she's not being prodded by a momager. Meal ticket for her parents, prepared for mass marketing by Disney, Lolita'd right on up for sale...yeah, that's a great way to get going.
Quote:

You will obey me while I lead you
And eat the garbage that I feed you
Until the day that we dont need you
Dont got for help...no one will heed you
Your mind is totally controlled
It has been stuffed into my mold
And you will do as you are told
Until the rights to you are sold

Now, I have dead opiate addicts to go listen to, so I'm off for my fix.

Sep 2, 2008 at 4:33 AM Post #12 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by cerbie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The performer is usually a puppet with a voice that can work a stage alright.

Or, in her case, a puppet who can lip-synch on stage to pre-recorded vocals that have been pitch-and-rhythm corrected in the studio. We are getting very close to the point where it will be commonplace for "singers" not to sing at all. Milli Vanilly (or however they spelled it) were way ahead of their time.

In a world where pop music is simply another word for marketing, actual talent is an annoyance that producers would rather do without.

Sep 2, 2008 at 6:31 AM Post #13 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidMahler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I could care less.....sorry

Forgive the nitpick, but for it to make any sense at all, it's I couldn't care less (which is true for me as well... why did I even click on the link? Better than doing work, I guess). Saying you could care less means you care to some degree, blah blah.

Sep 2, 2008 at 4:15 PM Post #14 of 30
Great Zappa quote cerbie

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrBenway /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Or, in her case, a puppet who can lip-synch on stage to pre-recorded vocals that have been pitch-and-rhythm corrected in the studio. We are getting very close to the point where it will be commonplace for "singers" not to sing at all. Milli Vanilly (or however they spelled it) were way ahead of their time.

In a world where pop music is simply another word for marketing, actual talent is an annoyance that producers would rather do without.

I thought the fuss over the lip syncing in the Olympics opening ceremony was funny considering how much lip syncing is done in pop music

Users who are viewing this thread

Back