Is anyone regretting getting a refurbished ipod yet?
Sep 18, 2006 at 5:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 58

itim100

Head-Fier
I'm really considering dropping $240.45 on one of these things, and it all just seems a little too good to be true, like I MUST be overlooking something.
blink.gif
Any regrets yet?

Sep 18, 2006 at 7:41 AM Post #4 of 58
Not at all! It is just like new.

Sep 18, 2006 at 8:20 AM Post #5 of 58
I got my refurbed 1GB Shuffle last week, looks like new except for the packaging and sounds great.

Sep 18, 2006 at 8:51 AM Post #6 of 58
There seems to be a number of posts concerning refurbished iPods.

I bought and I am waiting on a delivery of a black 5.0 gen 60 gig iPod. Many of the new features in the 5.5 gen are software and the 5.0 will upgrade. The hard drive and the screen have changed in the 5.5.

I don't think it is much of a stretch to believe that the 5.5 was a rush job to blunt the introduction of the Zune. I also believe this rush job may have left a lot of new 5.0 iPods unsold. I think a bunch of the "refurbished" iPods may in fact be brand new.

I was waiting for the new 6.0 gen Video iPod (that will be coming), but this was such a good deal.

Sep 18, 2006 at 1:34 PM Post #8 of 58
I finally bit the bullet on buying a new iPod with these 5g refurbs; I filled up my 1st gen 5 gig iPod the other day, so it was officially time for a new one. I've heard so many good things here about refurbs that it was pretty much a no-brainer.

Sep 18, 2006 at 4:16 PM Post #10 of 58
Alright, sounds like no one is coming forth with any horrible experiences, and I am convinced. Great deal, I was considering the 30GB X5 for $10 more plus shipping, and then I ran into this, and now I'm just kind of in a state of disbelief.

Sep 18, 2006 at 5:37 PM Post #11 of 58
still no regret buying my refurbed 4G 60GB iPod. unless Apple brings back Firewire transfer to their 6G iPod, maybe i'll feel a little regret (not to mention putting my current one on the selling block)

Sep 19, 2006 at 12:33 AM Post #13 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by Siebel
Same here no regrets. I bought a 60GB 4Gen photo to get modded. It has a one year warranty like a new ipod.

Siebel

Can you (or Camille) tell me where you found the 4th Gens? I can't find them anywhere.

Sep 19, 2006 at 6:17 PM Post #15 of 58
This deal is really tempting me as well. I'm thinking though, since iPod has always been crushing competition DESPITE their prices, what will it do to the market now that the new line is priced competitively? Companies will need to sell for considerably less than iPod or severly out-feature them. No average consumer looking for a DAP is going to avoid getting an iPod, they need strong incentive to look else where. Anywho, I'm rambling...should I wait and see how the rest of the market reacts to the new iPods or break down and grab the 60GB refurb video? I'd probably hold out until the holiday season before getting something, is that Sigmatel chipset acquired from Rio ever going to be put into anything?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back