Is anyone here a teenager that once believed that Beats and Bose were the best headphones on earth?
Jan 31, 2012 at 7:07 PM Post #3 of 53
I'm 23 but two years ago I thought Bose and Beats were the best. Then it hit me one day that the best headphones in the world could not be just $300 and it was time for an upgrade. Research brought me here and my wallet to the furnace 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 31, 2012 at 7:21 PM Post #4 of 53
I knew Beats and Bose were good, just not for their price... 

Jan 31, 2012 at 7:51 PM Post #5 of 53
I used to think that Beats and Bose were the only two *high end* super headphone companies :D Too bad I couldnt afford them, so I got some sonys, which led to klipsch, which led to some sennheisers, which led to vmodas, and so on :D 
I need more money :frowning2:

Btw im 15

Jan 31, 2012 at 8:04 PM Post #6 of 53
Ya, I thought Bose were the best before purchasing some Ultimate Ears Super.Fi5 EB's back in 03.

Jan 31, 2012 at 8:20 PM Post #8 of 53
Once upon a time when I was very young, I thought Bose were some of the best. But I also discovered Head-Fi at a pretty young age, and that notion was corrected fairly quickly. I think it's because unlike many, I was willing to actually do research before I made a purchase. I tend to research all of my purchases obsessively. Maybe it's the nerd in me.

Jan 31, 2012 at 8:27 PM Post #9 of 53
I always thought Bose = old coot
Beats = young coot

LOL

BTW if you look at my avatar you can tell which camp I belong to :)

Jan 31, 2012 at 10:23 PM Post #12 of 53
I used to think Bose were hi-end products but fortunately I also discovered Head-Fi at a young age and always obsessed over my purchases so therefor never made the mistake. Wasn't prepared for it to hit my wallet this hard though!...sigh

Jan 31, 2012 at 10:25 PM Post #13 of 53
I tried to help someone I know that wanted a surround sound setup for their TV. Even after showing him I could build him something better for half, he bought the Bose at 4k. The house is even wired and setup for speakers through the entire living space. Of course they were quoted like 30k to do the entire house. I just tried to help with the TV area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back