Is anyone here a teenager that once believed that Beats and Bose were the best headphones on earth?
Feb 4, 2012 at 12:13 PM Post #46 of 53

Quote:
Funny how just two days ago a younger co-worker of mine, who just turned 21, was bragging about his beats headphones being the best.  I just laughed and told him he was wrong. He didn't understand how I could disagree. Oh well, he's happy.

If you had anything better to compare to, just let him listen to it.

Feb 4, 2012 at 12:48 PM Post #47 of 53
But really, why bother?

It seems all these threads are about some kind of need to show people that they're wrong. If people are happy with their overpriced Beats by Dre products, then let them be. I really can't be arsed to inform everyone that there's much else out there that would probably make their ears a whole lot happier.

Feb 4, 2012 at 2:28 PM Post #50 of 53

Quote:
But really, why bother?

It seems all these threads are about some kind of need to show people that they're wrong. If people are happy with their overpriced Beats by Dre products, then let them be. I really can't be arsed to inform everyone that there's much else out there that would probably make their ears a whole lot happier.

If more people cared about sound quality and price performance, then the big companies would try to sell better headphones at lower prices and market them as such. Honestly, I find it ridiculous to shell out $100 for an IEM when I could find a better one from another less popular brand for, say, $60.

Feb 5, 2012 at 11:26 AM Post #51 of 53

Quote:

If more people cared about sound quality and price performance, then the big companies would try to sell better headphones at lower prices and market them as such. Honestly, I find it ridiculous to shell out $100 for an IEM when I could find a better one from another less popular brand for, say, $60.

That being said, bravo for Phillips and Skullcandy(the new Skullcandy).

Feb 5, 2012 at 11:33 AM Post #52 of 53
I always enjoy myself seeing these young kids wearing their Beats around their neck (do they ever really listen to them???) when they walk in the city. Think they're cool lol.

Feb 6, 2012 at 8:07 AM Post #53 of 53
Sadly, in my old school in Singapore people would just buy random earbuds that sound worse than Beats, then get another random pair when they break.
When I tell them that they can just save up and buy a good $100 earphone that'll last, they think I'm crazy.
I'm sure this one guy has wasted about $200 on cheap buds already.

Aaaand, over here in Rhode Island everyone is Beats.
There's this one guy with VMODA LPs though, and another with 3 pairs of Shures, good for them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back