Is anyone building the KGSSHV?
May 26, 2012 at 5:38 PM Post #226 of 499
Quote:
Nice, Where are you ordering  the lettering from?

It's marine quality adhesive vinyl, fuel and water resistant, 5 year outdoor lifespan, indoor use should should be long lasting.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/190539579423?var=490019157025&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

May 29, 2012 at 8:36 PM Post #228 of 499
FYI, HDMan, I think you mentioned a while back that you were having "clicking" issues with your Khozmo pot. I did as well. It eventually got worse and worse to the point that I pulled the pot out of the amp yesterday to send back to Khozmo for service or replacement.

Keep an eye (or in this case, ear) on yours. If it starts getting worse, you might have to replace it as well.

May 30, 2012 at 1:07 AM Post #231 of 499
Quote:
FYI, HDMan, I think you mentioned a while back that you were having "clicking" issues with your Khozmo pot. I did as well. It eventually got worse and worse to the point that I pulled the pot out of the amp yesterday to send back to Khozmo for service or replacement.

Keep an eye (or in this case, ear) on yours. If it starts getting worse, you might have to replace it as well.

Yeh it seems to be popping/crackling between steps more and more, me thinks not a good quality build, but nice sound none the less.

May 30, 2012 at 1:29 AM Post #232 of 499
Quote:

Yeh it seems to be popping/crackling between steps more and more, me thinks not a good quality build, but nice sound none the less.

It does sound like the same problem I was having. Is it on one channel or both? Mine was only screwed up on one side.

May 30, 2012 at 3:08 AM Post #233 of 499
If anyone's wondering, after letting my onboard version (@~460V) run for about four days straight, the heatsinks on the output devices measure about ~35C above ambient.

If I remember correctly, the offset drifted something like 30V-40V or so with the ixys current sources, settling down rather quickly in five or ten minutes.

How's it sound? Alright with my modded 007a's.
tongue.gif

May 30, 2012 at 4:12 AM Post #234 of 499
Quote:

It does sound like the same problem I was having. Is it on one channel or both? Mine was only screwed up on one side.

Both channels for me, popping in each step as you turn the knob.

Quote:
If anyone's wondering, after letting my onboard version (@~460V) run for about four days straight, the heatsinks on the output devices measure about ~35C above ambient.

If I remember correctly, the offset drifted something like 30V-40V or so with the ixys current sources, settling down rather quickly in five or ten minutes.

How's it sound? Alright with my modded 007a's.
tongue.gif

I have the 500v onboard version with the IXYS current sources and when i first start the KGSSHV, the offset voltages are +30-35v, then settling to almost zero after 30-60 minutes (from the output's O- O+), i think the balance voltages are not so different between cold and hot, maybe like 10-15v.

May 30, 2012 at 6:34 AM Post #235 of 499
I’m heading for a Khozmo replacement as well, clicking, distortion and leakage all of which is getting progressively worse.
Actually... I think I’ll even ask for my coin back and just stick with a reliable DACT.

Pissed to say the least...

May 30, 2012 at 6:50 AM Post #237 of 499
Quote:
I’m heading for a Khozmo replacement as well, clicking, distortion and leakage all of which is getting progressively worse.
Actually... I think I’ll even ask for my coin back and just stick with a reliable DACT.

Pissed to say the least...

Let us know how it goes with a refund, I am seriously considering it myself. I guess we will have to pay for return postage eh!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back