iriver ihp120 adapter?
Jul 3, 2009 at 12:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Anouk

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi, I have the iriver ihp120 and I use it with rockbox, ihave a sync/charge adapter but this means I cant use the player while it is charging because it then connects to usb and you cant use rockbox then.
Is there a normal power cable for the h120? Can you use the player while charging via that cabl eusing rockbox? And will the player work on non-battery power only, so not constantly chargingthe battery but working on ac-power only while leaving the battery be?
I have found that the iriver sounds better then my laptop via usb.
Greetings, Anouk,

Jul 3, 2009 at 12:43 AM Post #2 of 7
What do you mean by "sync/charge" adapter?

The ihp-100/h100 series do not charge over usb. So, do you mean you have a USB cable that splits into a Y so that you can plug it into both USB and the DC jack?

In that case, just don't plug in the USB end on the H120.

If you are using a normal mini-usb cable, you are NOT charging the H120 when it's plugged into USB, and in fact the battery will die relatively rapidly in that state. Unless you have gone to considerable difficulty to modify your h120 for usb charging (not recommended unless you really, really know what you're doing with your soldering iron).

Most rockbox targets with usb charging have a usb-charge-only mode activated by holding down a button while inserting the usb cable, but since the number of H120's with usb charging hacked into them is probably in the double digits, i don't think this has been implemented for the h120 rockbox.

Jul 3, 2009 at 1:48 AM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by wuwhere /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It should have come with an AC charger. And yes, you can use it while it is charging.

Indeed so. Mine has a wall charger that says Output: 5V - 2A. I can use it to charge and play at the same time. When it's fully charged, the green light go off, and won't come on again when playing while still connected to the charger. This leads me to suspect it not using the battery when playing connected to the wall charger.

Jul 3, 2009 at 2:01 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by jingles_97 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Indeed so. Mine has a wall charger that says Output: 5V - 2A. I can use it to charge and play at the same time. When it's fully charged, the green light go off, and won't come on again when playing while still connected to the charger. This leads me to suspect it not using the battery when playing connected to the wall charger.

Once fully charged and the green led turns off with the charger still connected, it will turn back on if you disconnect and reconnect it again.

Jul 3, 2009 at 9:25 PM Post #7 of 7
Yes Anouk has the same MiniSync cable I do that has a Y split so it can sync and charge at the same time from one usb port. And the answer to the original question is as others have pointed, just dont plug the usb part into the iRiver, only the charge part and it then works fine with rockbox

Users who are viewing this thread

Back