IPod vs Zune
Jul 19, 2007 at 9:39 PM Post #16 of 147
i personally love my zune, i've played around a bit with my friends 5.5g ipod video, and my ipod nano. i prefer the ui of the zune, and i dont really like the software for either of them. i still like my nano, but i dont really use it for anying but running, and my girlfriend uses it the rest of the time, so its kinda hers now. and with a case the ipod video isnt MUCH smaller than the zune, it may be shorter, but with most good cases it can be a good deal thicker, unless you're useing the invisible shield protector (great product btw). so i voted for zune, its more durable, i personally love the way it looks, (i like the matte finish and the bigger screen) and i'm personally not a fan of the headphone out on the ipod, though my 1g nano seems to be pretty good.

Jul 20, 2007 at 12:41 AM Post #17 of 147
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricardo Dawkins /img/forum/go_quote.gif
iPod video 30GB and Zune 30GB have the same *mediocre* battery life.

My iPod Video 30gb lasts 12-14 hours. My Zune only lasted 8.

Rick

Jul 20, 2007 at 12:52 AM Post #18 of 147
I am happy i posted this. I just got a zune last week but i have been using ipods since the first 5gb. i still cant pick but i think im leaning towards the zune but i wont cast my vote yet

Jul 20, 2007 at 12:54 AM Post #19 of 147
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricardo Dawkins /img/forum/go_quote.gif
iPod video 30GB and Zune 30GB have the same *mediocre* battery life.

uh that's not true.

the 5.5 gen ipod has better battery life.

Jul 20, 2007 at 1:24 AM Post #20 of 147
http://www.engadget.com/2007/07/15/b...in-hide-a-pod/
580smile.gif

Jul 20, 2007 at 2:25 AM Post #22 of 147
have to vote for the Ipod...80 gb is just great running lossless and all my music on one player. Itunes is pretty easy to use ( I have had creative and sensa players and have used and like mediamonkey) One has to look to the future also and after touching and using an iphone recently...that interface, with coverflow on an Ipod will just blow everything away!

Jul 20, 2007 at 3:00 AM Post #23 of 147
IMO the zune UI is much easier to use, and I absolutely HATE the click wheel. the only thing I don't like about the zune UI is that I cannot change the volume while navigating the menu.

As far as looks and size I think the zune wins out on both. I like the matte finish and the screen size. The zune also feels much better in my hand.

The Ipod does have much better battery life but I am never without a computer for more than 8 hours so the shorter battery life doesn't effect me at all.

Jul 20, 2007 at 3:39 AM Post #24 of 147
what the hell? Why would anyone want an ipod lol.

I've owned both. Zune is definitely the better player overall.

Jul 20, 2007 at 3:41 AM Post #25 of 147
Quote:

Originally Posted by no1likesme /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am never without a computer for more than 8 hours so the shorter battery life doesn't effect me at all.

LOL same here. I get plenty of battery life out of my zune anyway though. Enough for me.

Jul 20, 2007 at 3:44 AM Post #26 of 147
Quote:

Originally Posted by zachary80 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Headphone out: Zune (clear difference)
Line-out: iPod (Zune is non-existent)
Loudness: iPod
Video: Zune
Form Factor: iPod
Appearance: iPod
Software: iPod (has options, and I MUCH prefer iTunes to Zune)
UI: Toss-up, comes down to preference
Battery: Haven't tested against each other
Price: Zune

I see no clear winner here, both have advantages.

[I own a 30gb Zune, a 1gb Sony, and a 20gb 2g iPod, but have extensively used my brother-in-law's 5.5g 30gb iPod]

hey, appearance is an opinion, and btw, i prefer the zune

Jul 20, 2007 at 3:52 AM Post #27 of 147
One thing iPod has over Zune at the moment -- you can run Rockbox on an iPod.

Jul 20, 2007 at 4:08 AM Post #28 of 147
It's also unstable and quite a battery eater too. I don't need Rockbox, as I think MP3's at 320kbps sounds just as good as lossless.

i like the Zune interface better than the iPod/Creative one. I also am not a fan of the click wheel. I think it's extremely inaccurate.

Jul 20, 2007 at 5:10 AM Post #30 of 147
My brother is interning at Microsoft and they just had a pretty large meeting. The door prize was going to be a Zune. To suprise them everyone got a Zune
smily_headphones1.gif
Form factor iPod, basically everything else the Zune is superior IMO. Hopefully 2g Zune will be "perfect." Although I do believe we have seen the last of the click wheel full size ipod.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back