IPod vs Zune
Jul 21, 2007 at 1:02 AM Post #46 of 147
Quote:

Originally Posted by xnothingpoetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so basically

headphone out: zune

line out: ipod

make sense. oh and I wouldn't even buy an ipod then, i'd look for something else that supports line out.

Jul 21, 2007 at 4:22 AM Post #47 of 147
I'm also not a fan of the click wheel. When I got my Zune, I wondered how I ever put up with the click wheel. Trying to go down one slot on the interface, is a total pain in the ass.
The Zune's interface is great. It doesn't scratch, and the SQ is very nice.
I doubt I'll ever revert back to iPod.

Jul 21, 2007 at 5:52 AM Post #50 of 147
Quote:

Originally Posted by no1likesme /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To be fair though the center button on my zune feels a bit loose (may only be my unit).

The center button is actually supposed to be loose so that the directional pads can move around freely.

Jul 21, 2007 at 11:03 AM Post #53 of 147
I say iPod simply because it has the features I want. I look at the Zune and its features are cool but not really anything I care for mostly take or leave stuff. FM tuner I don't care for since I'll be listening to my actual music. Wi-fi I'll never use. Song sharing I'll never use. Don't care for a huge screen; I never watch videos on portable stuff usually it's on the TV or nothing. The iPod is smaller. A few other things as well.

Jul 21, 2007 at 11:35 AM Post #54 of 147
I own a 4g 60Gig iPod Photo, and 2 1g 1gig Shuffles. I've never seen a Zunee in the flesh, they dont sell them in Japan but I've played with a Toshiba Gigabeat which I believe is the same thing.

I know many people here dislike iTunes, I'm a big fan. I like the consistancy that iTunes provides. I wouldn't mind owning a Zune, but Microsoft does have a habit of dumping it'd DMP partners so I'd worry about being left high and dry.

ITunesStore leaves me cold, Iv'e never bought anything there I dont think I ever will. I like the idea of Rockbox but I'm not ready to take the plunge yet.

I would like iTunes to have the capability of a software mixer. I want to start another song, without stopping the present song from playing, monitor it through my phones, and crossfade ove the presently playing song in real time.

Generally I'm happy with the iPod/iTunes partnership. I'd like to hear more about what it is in iTunes that people dont like.

Nice poll.

Jul 21, 2007 at 1:33 PM Post #55 of 147
Quote:

Originally Posted by thebob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I own a 4g 60Gig iPod Photo, and 2 1g 1gig Shuffles. I've never seen a Zunee in the flesh, they dont sell them in Japan but I've played with a Toshiba Gigabeat which I believe is the same thing.

Generally I'm happy with the iPod/iTunes partnership. I'd like to hear more about what it is in iTunes that people dont like.

first off, the zune us not much like the toshiba, sure it has similarities, but you definitly can't judge it off of that.
second, zune marketplace allows you to do the 15$ a month subscription service (which i have) and allows you to download as many songs as you want, I don't know why apple is not keeping up in that respect.

Jul 21, 2007 at 1:42 PM Post #56 of 147
But if you stop paying 15 dollar you lose all your music. That is not right.

Jul 21, 2007 at 2:42 PM Post #57 of 147
ipod pulled way ahead? wow... i like the feel of the zune better. after the itunes thing where apple will take the drm off your music, i'm sure microsoft will follow suit eventually.

DRM FTL :frowning2:

also, zune line out may be on the way, just need to figure out that stupid thing to activate the dock... anyways, i'm working on it, as well as a large group on zuney, with help from qables which is offering free dock connectors (if you pay for shipping)

Jul 21, 2007 at 3:54 PM Post #58 of 147
Quote:

Originally Posted by StevenBrouwer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But if you stop paying 15 dollar you lose all your music. That is not right.

How can it be not right? If you pay for a subscription service, you get subscription songs. It is in no way misleading, and its not like the option to buy songs/cds is taken away.

What quality are the subscription services downloads? Ruckus is free with college here, but it varies between 128 and 192

Jul 21, 2007 at 4:06 PM Post #59 of 147
Quote:

Originally Posted by zachary80 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What quality are the subscription services downloads? Ruckus is free with college here, but it varies between 128 and 192

My school has that ruckus thing and all of the stuff I have seen is 192. But I don't have decent internet at home and there are so many ads. The DRM is easy to crack though
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back