iPod Touch vs. Zune
Aug 24, 2008 at 10:49 AM Post #46 of 52
actually, the d2 has massive bass roll off, more so than the touch or classic. if you just use line out from any of them to an amp, there is no bass roll off and they are perfectly flat. but if you connect headphones, that is when the d2, touch and classic start to falter. the classic falters the least but they all falter.

add resistance and they do better. but milk and coffee: the d2 suffers bass roll off more so than many players out there. it in fact, falls off well below 50hz.

the touch has a remarkable stereo image of 65-70db whereas many other players manage with 50 or less (d2, clip etc). the touch was the reason i sold my other players: it sounded to me great. but i am not one who likes a very groovy sounding music: flat and unstressed is great for me with a good stage. touch has all of them.

hiss is higher than classic or d2 but not bad in the whole presentation of players out there. it is better than my meizu, sony, iriver etc.

Aug 24, 2008 at 11:01 AM Post #47 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
but milk and coffee: the d2 suffers bass roll off more so than many players out there. it in fact, falls off well below 50hz.

I know
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 24, 2008 at 11:37 AM Post #48 of 52
Ipods are now more of a fashion accessory than a portable media player. Even after my previous bad experiences ive had with Ipods, I would still have to recommend a touch over a Zune unless you really needed the larger size, were concerned about the SQ or price.

Aug 24, 2008 at 1:08 PM Post #49 of 52
The touch is what'll I get, as MS Australia wouldn't support imported Zunes.

Aug 24, 2008 at 1:47 PM Post #50 of 52
ill admit though: i like the look very much of the newer zune and the flash zune. very much. they are sleek machines. the touch is too rounded making it look more a toy. the zune does not look like it means business but it looks like it has a nice square life.

Aug 24, 2008 at 2:16 PM Post #51 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the touch has a remarkable stereo image of 65-70db whereas many other players manage with 50 or less (d2, clip etc).

btw, from where do you have these measurements?

Aug 24, 2008 at 7:18 PM Post #52 of 52
I'm curious to hear if the Sony A72X/A82X series suffers from the same bass roll off issue as the D2 and others. Gotta' admit that the bass isn't heard but FELT w/my A829. D2 does suffer from this affliction, even w/the mach3bass enabled. Bass is there but you do notice the difference - unless using an amp, impedance adapter, or higher ohm IEM's or cans.
So, is there bass roll off w/the Sony's or what?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back