iPod Touch vs. Zune
Aug 23, 2008 at 1:48 PM Post #31 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2slow4u /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think that the Touch sound different but not worse than Zune. :wink:

Ok, after some days of use i have to correct my affermation...
The Touch sound tangibly worse than the Zune (ouch!)
redface.gif

Aug 23, 2008 at 1:58 PM Post #32 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2slow4u /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok, after some days of use i have to correct my affermation...
The Touch sound tangibly worse than the Zune (ouch!)
redface.gif

LOL - that's just reality setting in. It hurts, doesn't it? And believe me, I know that pain cause' I get it ALL THE TIME!!!
beerchug.gif

Aug 23, 2008 at 2:11 PM Post #33 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by nywytboy68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It hurts, doesn't it? And believe me, I know that pain cause' I get it ALL THE TIME!!!
beerchug.gif

It's really disappointing, the Touch is a fantastic device allaround...except for audio!
wink.gif

I will try with an external amp!
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 23, 2008 at 2:44 PM Post #34 of 52
Yeah. I love how there's such a discernible difference between the more audio-centric Touch and the more convergence-oriented iPhone, but this drastic difference is in favor of the iPhone. If only they made the Touch sound at least nearly as good..

Aug 23, 2008 at 4:56 PM Post #35 of 52
If the Touch hits 64gb I'm gonna' get it and an amp ta' boot. Then, I'm going to start my own thread asking for amp and LOD help!!!

Aug 23, 2008 at 5:13 PM Post #36 of 52
Quote:

If the Touch hits 64gb I'm gonna' get it and an amp ta' boot. Then, I'm going to start my own thread asking for amp and LOD help!!!

It'll cost like $500 though.

Aug 23, 2008 at 5:39 PM Post #37 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmacfan4321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It'll cost like $500 though.

IMO worth EVERY PENNY!!! You guys have succeeded in corrupting me!!!
bigsmile_face.gif

Aug 23, 2008 at 9:40 PM Post #40 of 52
No, the Touch sounds comparatively unimpressive regardless of EQ (and I never listen with EQ on any portable units). Lacks dynamics and is rather dull, uninteresting in my listening.

Aug 23, 2008 at 9:58 PM Post #41 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by Milk and Coffee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
shigzeo, you know, these guys MUST use EQ to satisfy their needs
very_evil_smiley.gif

Not really as I plan on amping the touch which negates the EQ on it. Besides, you sound sarcastic even tho your rig CAN'T use an EQ without sounding MEH. We all know the ipod's lack a half decent 1. Me, I've just been holding out getting 1 (amp) + a good set of cans.
jecklinsmile.gif
Besides, kissing up to shizzeo really isn't gonna' win any points ya' know!!
jecklinsmile.gif

Aug 23, 2008 at 10:14 PM Post #42 of 52
hehe, i had not the intention to win some points^^
well, i have a decent set of cans and the touch doesn't sound bad. it sounds pretty good, obviously not as good as from the LOD or a ipod classic's hp-out but far away from MEH. I agree, the hiss is annoying using IEMs but come on... you like the sound signature or not
wink.gif

Aug 23, 2008 at 10:23 PM Post #43 of 52
I didn't like the HP out on the touch or classic, sounded flat. Of course the classic was the worse of the 2. EQing them TOTALLY distorts the music & this is w/LAME V0 also. Waiting for the Touch V2 so I can hear what it's REALLY supposed to sound like. Then comes the amp and a set of Audio Technicas.
Also, shigzeo speaks of the Zune EQ being better than the ipod, but that's all. The Zune V2 has no EQ and sounds better than the classic AND touch. Try 1 for yourself and see - clean SQ with NO distortion. Wonderful really, just needs an LOD w/amp and it's darn near PERFECT!

I have the D2 and A829 & BOTH have great EQ's, neither player shines without them. And the D2's sound sig is my fav. Sony sounds more artificial and hollow, but still better than the touch. Even the P2 is leagues ahead in terms of SQ compared to the touch and classic.

Aug 24, 2008 at 3:14 AM Post #44 of 52
My wife has the iTouch. I have a Classic. I rather have the classic because of its larger capacity but the iTouch is great. Sound quality is excellent. I personally would never go for a Zune. Some people like it and thats fine with me.

Aug 24, 2008 at 8:57 AM Post #45 of 52
Well, like I said! It's totally up to everyone what he/she prefers
wink.gif

okay, the classic should be the worse of the too... well, the touch has a little bass hump whereas the classic is nearly totally neutral in its frequency response.
furthermore the classic is one of a few players having virtually no bass-roll-off, like the D2 for instance... it's just FLAT e.g. neutral sounding.
Indeed, there are not only a few people who don't like its sound signature but like i said: it's very subjective, nobody has to be convinced
smily_headphones1.gif

The EQ sucks on every ipod but try to mp3gain your files and there is no problem anymore
wink.gif

Sry, I can't try the zune, cause in good old germany and everywhere outside of u.s. nothing is available
biggrin.gif

I'm not mourning^^

Well, I dont want to convince you nor try it. There are enough ipod flame & fanboy-thread but for me the classic is one of the best sounding players out there, far better then the D2... e.g. the D2 is useless in combination with a pair of triple.fi due to its bass-roll-off
wink.gif

Quote:

I didn't like the HP out on the touch or classic, sounded flat. Of course the classic was the worse of the 2. EQing them TOTALLY distorts the music & this is w/LAME V0 also. Waiting for the Touch V2 so I can hear what it's REALLY supposed to sound like. Then comes the amp and a set of Audio Technicas.
Also, shigzeo speaks of the Zune EQ being better than the ipod, but that's all. The Zune V2 has no EQ and sounds better than the classic AND touch. Try 1 for yourself and see - clean SQ with NO distortion. Wonderful really, just needs an LOD w/amp and it's darn near PERFECT!

I have the D2 and A829 & BOTH have great EQ's, neither player shines without them. And the D2's sound sig is my fav. Sony sounds more artificial and hollow, but still better than the touch. Even the P2 is leagues ahead in terms of SQ compared to the touch and classic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back